New API and Developer ToolsNovember 16, 2011, Jason Morehouse
We are happy to announce version 2.0 of our API. This release includes significantly more functionality over its predecessor. Developers can now build applications and integrations that have unrestricted access to the Checkfront platform.
New features include:
- Secure and transparent authentication via OAuth2.
- Ability to query availability, create bookings and add customers.
- An SQL based interface for querying and manipulating data.
- Automated instant event notifications.
- Updated documentation, libraries and sample code.
Open Source PHP SDK
To accompany this release, we have made available a PHP SDK as an open source project hosted on Github. The SDK is a turn-key tool kit for developers that takes care of authentication mechanisms, and provides ready access to core resources of the API.
Technically, the possibilities are (close to) endless. Some starting ideas are:
- Import scripts for external databases or services.
- Custom front-end widgets and integrations.
- Custom reports.
- Integration into third party applications.
* For more information on version 2 of the Checkfront API, please see our updated Developer API Documentation.
Version 1.0 moved to Legacy
Version 1.0 of our API will continue to be available, but we encourage all developers to build on the new platform, and update existing integrations when possible. There are no immediate plans to retire the 1.0 API.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Use the form below to search our site