This policy was updated February 14th, 2020
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Our Website may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Website for you and other future visitors to our Website.
Which Cookies do we store and why?
These are the cookies that get stored when you browse Checkfront.
- Checkfront (c_has_account) – is used to identify if you have a Checkfront account.
- Checkfront (PHPSESSID) – is used to identify your Checkfront account when you are logged in.
- Hubspot – is used to track website browsing patterns, segment users and update contact records. your browsing data will remain anonymous until you submit your email address through a form on our website.
- Full Story – visually records a user browsing behaviour across Checkfront domains for the purposes of optimizing and troubleshooting user experience.
- Google Optimize – A/B testing webpage content used for purposes of optimizing user experience
- Bing Analytics / Google Analytics – more info below.
- Facebook pixel – The facebook pixel allows us to track conversions of our ads setup in Facebook Business Manager. They help us optimize performance and to create audiences that help personalize our advertising.
- Linkedin pixel – The facebook pixel allows us to track conversions of our ads setup in Linkedin Business Manager. They help us optimize performance and to create audiences that help personalize our advertising.
- Adwords pixel – allows us to track conversions of our ads setup in Facebook Business Manager. They help us optimize performance and to create audiences that help personalize our advertising
- Freshmarketer – is used to track website browsing patterns for the purposes of optimizing and troubleshooting user experience.
Google Analytics and Bing Analytics
Google Analytics and Bing Analytics gather information about your use of our Website over time, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, timestamp, and similar data about your use of Checkfront.
You can learn about Google Analytics at https://policies.google.com/privacy. Google provides further information about its privacy practices and offers a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics tracking.
Other Third-Party Cookies
Individual pages on our site may set other third-party cookies. For example, we may embed content, such as videos, from another site that we do not operate or control and such content may set a cookie. While we try to minimize these third party cookies, we can’t always control what cookies this third-party content sets or the privacy practices of such sites.
We work with third-parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our site and app other websites and apps in order to provide you with tailored advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity across your different devices on our site and app and third-party websites and apps (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you both on and off our site and apps. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns.
We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s (DAAC) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising. For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioural ads from participating third-party advertising companies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website as at https://youradchoices.ca/en/tool-faqs.
To learn more about interest-based advertising in mobile apps and to opt out of this type of advertising by third-party advertising companies that participate in the DAAC’s AppChoices tool, please download the version of AppChoices for your device at https://youradchoices.ca/appchoices/.
To successfully opt-out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. Please see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them. Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each device that you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you may need to opt-out again.
Please note that even if you opt-out interest-based advertising by a third party as set out above, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. If you disable your browser or device’s ability to accept cookies, you will still be able to browse the Website, but you will not be able to log in to your Checkfront account and you may be unable to take advantage of certain features of our Website.