Self-Serve Terms of Service
Last Revised: Oct 11, 2022
Please review these self-serve terms of service (the “Self-Serve Terms”) thoroughly. The Self-Serve terms apply to your use of our Soho, Pro, or Plus Software Services. If you have questions on these Self-Serve Terms, please contact us before you use our Services. The Self-Serve Terms are governed by the master terms of service (the “Master Terms of Service”) available at https://www.checkfront.com/terms/master.
If you are an Authorized User (as defined in the Master Terms of Service) of the Customer, the terms that apply to you are available at https://www.checkfront.com/terms/authorized-users.
Definitions and how to interpret the Self-Serve Terms
- Capitalized terms used in these Self-Serve Terms that we have not defined here have the meanings given to them in the Master Terms of Service.
- Words importing the singular number only shall include the plural and vice versa and words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine.
- The headings are intended solely for convenience of reference and will be given no effect in the interpretation or construction of this Agreement.
- Wherever the words “include”, “includes” or “including” are used, they shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation” and the words following “include”, “includes”, or “including” shall not be considered to set forth an exhaustive list.
Payment Terms and Cancellation
- Applicability. Not all of our Services require payment of a Fee for access. However, if a part of or the whole of our Service requires payment for access, we will tell you at the time of your Order or before you may access that part of the Service. If you purchase a Service, then these payment terms apply to your purchase and you agree to them.
- Charges. If there is a Fee associated with a portion of the Service, you agree to pay that Fee in the currency specified. The Fee stated for the Service excludes all applicable taxes and currency exchange settlements, unless stated otherwise. We may suspend or cancel the Service if we do not receive an on time, full payment from you. Suspension or cancellation of the Service for non-payment could result in a loss of access to and use of your Customer Data. Unless otherwise indicated in your Order, Fees are payable in advance of the Service. Fees and payment terms for Professional Services will be stated in the applicable SOW.
- Your Billing Account. To pay the charges for a Service, you will be asked to provide a payment method at the time you sign up for that Service. You agree to permit us to use any updated payment account information regarding your selected payment method provided by your issuing bank or the applicable payment network. You agree to promptly update your payment information so we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed in connection with your transactions. Changes made to your billing account will not affect charges we submit to your billing account before we could reasonably act on your changes to your billing account.
- Changing Services. Subject to the terms of your Order, you may upgrade or downgrade your Software Services. However, downgrades may cause you to lose content, features, or capacity associated with your Software Services. We are not liable for the impact of any downgrades you choose to make. When you make a change to your Software Service, the Fees associated with the change will start on the next billing date according to the terms of your Order.
- Online Statement and Errors. We will provide you with an online billing statement or emailed invoice for any paid Services you use and for which you have paid. If we make an error on your billing statement or invoice, you must tell us within 90-days after the error first appears on your billing statement or invoice. We will then promptly investigate the charge. If you do not tell us within that time, you release us from all liability and claims of loss resulting from the error and we will not be required to correct the error or provide a refund, unless otherwise required by law. If we identify a billing error, we will correct that error within 90-days. This policy does not affect any statutory rights that may apply.
- Refund Policy. Unless otherwise provided by law or our current refund policies, all purchases are final and non-refundable. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future. This refund policy does not affect any statutory rights that may apply.
- Cancelling the Services. You may cancel a Software Service at any time, with or without cause, through the cancellation means provided in the Platform. Requests to cancel by e-mail or phone are not considered and do not accomplish cancellation. Cancelling paid Software Services stops future charges to continue the Software Service. You should refer back to the Order describing the Software Services as (i) you may not receive a refund at the time of cancellation; (ii) you may be obligated to pay cancellation charges; (iii) you may be obligated to pay all charges made to your billing account for the Software Services before the date of cancellation; and (iv) you may lose access to and use of your Software Services when you cancel them. If you cancel, your access to the Software Services ends at the end of your current Software Service period or, if we bill your account on a periodic basis, at the end of the period in which you canceled.
- Trial-Period Offers. If you are taking part in any trial-period offer, you may be required to cancel the trial Service(s) within the timeframe communicated to you when you accepted the offer to avoid being charged to continue the trial Service(s) at the end of the trial period.
- Promotional Offers and Discounts. From time to time, we may offer Services according to promotional terms or pricing we describe to you at the time of the promotion. We reserve the right to charge you for such Services at the normal rate if we determine, in our reasonable discretion, that you are abusing the terms of the offer. Any discounts applied to a previous subscription Order Term may not be applied to a subsequent Order Term, including any automatic renewals.
- Fee Increases. We may increase the Platform Fees at any time and if you have a recurring purchase, we will notify you at least 30 days before the price change. If you do not agree to the price change, you must cancel and stop using the Software Services before the price change takes effect. If there is a fixed term and price for your Software Services according to the terms of your Order (e.g., an annual subscription price), that price will remain in force for the fixed term and the price change will take effect immediately afterward.
- Termination at our Option. In addition to all termination and suspension rights we have under the Master Terms of Service and without limiting those rights, we may terminate your use of the Services at any time for any reason upon providing you with thirty (30) days notice.