Checkfront 3.3.1 Update
Over the past week, we finalized and completed a roll-out of our 3.3.1 platform update to all accounts. This update included a number of filled feature requests, addons, and new functionality that might be useful for your business; such as conditional booking fields and notifications by item.
If you’ve used any the new features and have some input on how something works for you, or have questions about any changes, feel free to post them or contact us via email@example.com at any time.
If you’re developing a custom integration with the API and need assistance with any confusing aspects of what you’re hoping to achieve, you can email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or post in the Developers section of the forum.
View our latest release notes here: https://www.checkfront.com/updates
- Notifications by Item
- Notifications can now be configured to apply on a per item basis, allowing you to send information relating to a specific part of your inventory on any email notifications.
- Thumbnail cropping selection for item images
- You can now select how you want the image to be resized for display on your booking page. You can modify your thumbnails by clicking on any uploaded image entry under your item’s “media” tab.
- New payment gateway: Credomatic Paycom
- Credomatic is a popular payment gateway in Central America.
- New payment gateway: Coinbase Bitcoin Payment Processor
- Bitcoin can now be accepted as an additional payment option for customer bookings. This can be configured under Manage / E Commerce in your account (requires a Coinbase account).
- New payment gateway: Conekta.io
- If your business is based in Mexico, Conekta is a great new option to start accepting online payments directly. See: https://www.checkfront.com/checkfront-adds-conekta
- New add-on: Facebook Ads
- Facebook Ads allows you to track conversions coming from facebook advertising campaigns and retargeting. See: https://www.checkfront.com/how-to-use-facebook-for-bookings
- New add-on: Quickbooks Online
- Conditional booking form fields
- This feature allows you to specify fields which will be shown or hidden based on other form options selected by the customer, giving you a more precise way to collect only the information you need from your customer. See: https://www.checkfront.com/filter-questions-and-conditional-fields
- Configurable sort order for invoice line items
- You can now change how items sort on your invoice, such as sorting by dates or amounts. These options can be changed under Manage > Layout > Invoice in your account.
- Batch printing now keeps the specified sort order
- Ability to edit customer profile region/country
- List and filter customer records via the API
- Updates to available locales
- Admin staff can reset check-ins after a check-out
- Inventory importing (beta)
- You can now import your inventory from an external source by uploading their details in CSV format. This feature is still in beta, and we highly recommend conferring with support to assist you if you have a set of inventory to add.
The feedback we get from you is invaluable, and plays a big part of our development roadmap. As always, we’re constantly adding features and fixing any problems you bring us, so there are dozens of other changes (including a number of performance improvements and things like adding support for the SPDY protocol to all nodes) we’ve been making between releases. We’re already working towards our next update with some more nice additions, and have some even more interesting things lined up following that. Stay tuned!