New hourly tweaks that may help you (response)

As a response to the announcement Chris made on November 18:

"1) Under the Availability Tab of your hourly item, you'll now notice Length: Start Time and 1 (by default). This means it is now possible to set specific times and length as desired. For example, if you have a 3 hour tour starting at 9am, you can have 9:00 AM 3 set in this area."

Could this be used to set a customer cut off in hours instead of days? Most of our tours depart in the morning. Currently we use a cut off of 2 days, forcing our clients to book at least 2 days in advance. Normally this gives us enough time to prepare, but "2 days" could mean a booking at 11:59PM on day 0 for a tour @ 9.00am on day 2 which gives us 24 hours to prepare. It would be great if we could set the cut off at 48 hours (before start time).

Comments

• Hi Johan,

I'm not familiar with your particular setup although feel free to double check with the support team via email if my suggestion here doesn't work out.

If most of your items are hourly allocation unit, you can set the default settings within Manage > Setup > Configuration . Set your default allocation unit to hourly with a default length of whatever you'd like although I'd recommend 1 for now.

You can then set your default rule set to cut off of 48 hours, or have this rule set within a specific event that ties to specific items that require it.

Hope this helps

Chris
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Hi Chris, thanks for your response! I'm new to Checkfront and still finding my way around the many options. I wasn't aware of this one, but I will try it. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.