Shopping Cart

I have lots of customers emailing to say they can't make their booking online. I suspect a lot of them are using the back browser instead of 'Add More Items' tab. Some are getting as far as Payment Express and then deciding to hit back browser to add to their booking. In the first instance their original booking disappears and they have to add them again. If they get as far as Payment Express and try and go back they can't start again without refreshing their browser as the items now show as unavailable. A lot of people don't realize this. At this point I either lose the customer or they email/phone me. It's the customers that don't bother to make contact with me that I'm most concerned about. I have some that say after they've added about four items they can't add any more. Not sure what's going on with this? They're either hitting back browser or something else is going on.

Is there a way to have a temporary 'shopping cart'? If the items were held in the cart for 20 or 30 minutes it gives the customer time to fine tune their order. This way if a customer makes a mistake the items booked will still be in the cart.

Ravenna McColgan from Checkfront has advised that Checkfront is a booking system and does not offer a shopping cart model. She had not heard of any plans of Checkfront moving in a direction to provide this.

Is this something you would consider? I'm sure I can't be the only person who is experiencing this and it's a major issue to lose customers at this point.

By the way I think Checkfront is great but this new feature would just make my day :-)

Comments

• IanIan Checkfront
    Hi,

We have had other customers who had asked about this and what they have done is put some instructions/info in their Introductory Text section that gives the customers some clear instructions that they would use the "Add To Booking" button to add multiple items to their booking. Would this be something that would work for you?
    For more information, have a look at our support page at https://www.checkfront.com/support/docs/layout/layout-booking-page

Kind regards,
  • Thank you. Yes I have done this. Not everyone reads it though. I'm amazed at how many people don't find the booking process straight forward. It really is easy but unfortunately it's not idiot proof and there seems to be quite a few of them. A Shopping Cart would be more reliable.
This discussion has been closed.