Viator add-on / integration

edited April 2014 in Feature Requests
It would be great if checkfront can also integrate with Viator (an Online Travel Agent)'s api, similar to the way the tripadvisor "connect" add-on works.

Very interested to link up our products listed on Viator with our checkfront booking system directly. In the past we have used another online booking system and was able to get our Viator “email booking notifications” sent directly as a "request" booking in our own booking system.
It will save us plenty of time and avoid re-entering customer info & re-booking it on our own system. I have send the API details to checkfront's developers and they might consider this, subject to interest from the viator community.
Any other suppliers for Viator.com out there using checkfront?

Comments

• Yes, we use Viator for several products and would be interested in this.
  • Hi there,

Viator is a recent feature request we've received from other customers and is one that our Product Team will be considering for a future release. I encourage anyone else looking for viator to respond to this thread or click on 'vote up!'

Thanks,

Chris
    Checkfront Support Team
  • In fact, would love MORE integrations like Expdia, hotels.com, etc..
  • hello,

have more progress in this project?
  • thanks Angela,

a Waiting the solution!! good luck!!
  • Any news on this? As they have now integrated in TripAdvisor its very important for us that you soon look into this integration...
  • RavennaRavenna Checkfront
    Hey there,

Thanks for checking in! This is still under production and no updates are available just yet, sorry! We're working on it though.
  • Yes please, Rezdy already has this integration and I see it playing a huge part in my distribution.

Are there any updates to when this will be released?
  • RavennaRavenna Checkfront
    Hi,

Unfortunately, while the implementation of this product moves along steadily, we still don't have any updated information as to when it will be released. Thanks for checking back!
  • BrandonBrandon Checkfront
    We are currently in progress of having the integration tested by Viator before we can release to the public. If all goes well we will have Viator out to the public soon.
  • Hi Checkfront Team! Any progress with Viator integration plug-in for Checfront in the near future? Thanks, Domen & the 3glav Adventures team
  • edited December 2015
    Hi Domen, Thanks for commenting on the forums. Right now, the Viator plugin is still in the "Implementation" stage, but once that is done, we will start testing it and hopefully release it after that. I can't give any timelines, all I can say is that it is being worked on. Cheers, Moon
  • Yes yes - this would make our business so much easier and amazing if Viator bookings could come in directly. Would be even cooler if Tripadvisor button could go to our booking page directly - now that Viator and Tripadvisor have hooked up, it goes to Viator rather than us. But a Viator API would be awesome.
  • Any update on this?
  • Viator please! Many other booking systems have this feature.
  • Rentals United is the best for Vacation Rentals. We are being forced to implement it separately, which is ridiculous. It lists rates, availability and text/photos/description/category to TripAdvisor network (Flipkey, HolidayLettings), HomeAway network (Owners Direct, VRBO, VacationRentals + 17 others), Booking.com, Expedia etc. etc.
  • Hi Jezwebb,

Thanks very much for your input!  

Rest assured our technical team continues to work hard on the Viator integration.  Keep a close eye on that product updates page Angela referenced above over the next little while.  If there are any other questions we can assist with in the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out!

Cheers,

Aaron B.
  • Any movement on updates for a Viator add-on? pretty please?
  • Hi Martdris,

Our developers are still working on the Viator integration. We aren't able to share any specific updates or timelines at this time. Be sure to watch the "updates" section of your account for notifications of new releases. We'll be sure it announce the Viator release when the time comes!

Cheers,
    Mitch
    Checkfront support team
  • The Viator integration is now live.

Please see the setup guide (https://www.checkfront.com/support/docs/add-ons/viator) for more information on how to connect connect your Checkfront inventory to Viator.