Inventory Calendar not displaying correctly

I've had an ongoing issue with this, and my setup may be incorrect.
I have 30 Items and 30 Events. One Event for each Item.
I have two routes and I offer 3 tours on each route 5 days of the week.
When I view my Inventory calendar, it shows all tours on all of the 5 days.
For example, in the Sunday column, I see Sunday, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat tours for both routes.
Again, for Sunday April 13th, all 30 tours are listed in that column.

Previously I tried creating fewer Events to control all of the Items and
that forced the Inventory to show up correctly. But the booking calendar that the customer
sees was a mess. When a customer clicked on a Sunday for Route A, the list showed
all of the Sunday Tours for both Routes - A & B.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

b-

Comments

• Hi @basie1955,
    I'm unsure as to why you have one event for each item. Usually we use events to control price or inventory availability for periods of time, for example, seasonal pricing. Take a look here: http://www.checkfront.com/support/events

Let me know if you have further questions.

-Catherine
    c@htmlgraphic.com
  • Without getting terribly involved:

My business is seasonal so yes, one event could handle all of the tours in that respect.

I provide tours that last 2 1/2 hours. This happens 5 days per week. There are 3 tours offered on those days. So 15 tours offered per week.

The different days offer tours at different times. For example:

Sunday's tours are at Noon, 3pm and 6pm.

Saturday's tours are at 1pm, 4pm and 7pm, and so on.

When I have created one Event that attempts to manage all of that, it results in

a big mess. The calendar, the inventory, lots of items are a mess.

So I ended up creating an Item called 'Sunday 1st Tour' and an Event Called 'Sunday #1'.

I set the Event as reoccurring weekly and checked the Sunday box.

Set it to Default Rules and under "Apply to" scrolled down to "Sunday 1st Tour".

I agree, it's a lot of goofing around and if you have a cleaner way, I'd love to hear it.

I originally did this with a desire in mind: To be able to set a minimum of 8 people for a tour and

once the minimum was attained, other people could book as individuals. I thought this would be

a common request for tour operators but it's not. I never found a way to do this and finally gave up.

I am still inexperienced and have a lot more questions. 

Thanks,

B-

This discussion has been closed.