Help with Alias....

Hi There,

I got very deep into CF last season. The new use case for the boat rental is this:

4 time slots are offered

AM
PM
Full Day
Full Day (no captain)

If user Chooses AM, need to make FULL DAY and FULL DAY (no captain) unavailable.

With Alias I can only Alias to one item. Really is a tripping us up because I need to remove both FULL Day items from inventory.

I think I need to be able to specify more than on Alias item and I do not think any of the releases have added this.

Last year I created a work around that tricked the system into thinking FULL DAY was not available if AM or PM was chosen, but that was a real wood bender. This year we are adding the FULL DAY (NO CAPTAIN) and some other variants, but if I can't get the above use case to work I think we are dead in the water.

Only other option I can think about is to move to a hourly schedule and let people pick their times, but I have not looked into CF's ability to support a user selected start and end time process.

Any tips or pointers appreciated.

-John

Comments

• Hello @John_Guerriere,

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Checkfront API 3.0 was recently released. 

This update provides additional functionality that may be able to solve your dilemma. The 3.0 Endpoint page that pertains to booking parameters can be found here. 

Otherwise, you could add relatively simple .js to the booking page to solve the problem. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me at c@htmlgraphic.com 

-Catherine
  • Thanks for the reply. I am not going through the API. I am using the CheckFront UI and at the UI level it appears you can only have one Alias item.

Do you know of a way to do this via the UI?

• You are correct, it appears that going through the UI does not allow for multiple Alias items. While this can be achieved through customization in the API, I can see the difficulties of implementing such subtleties in functionality in the UI.

-Catherine
    c@htmlgraphic.com
  • Hi @John_Guerriere,

I think I found a solution for you.

http://www.htmlgraphic.com/checkfront-tutorial-adv...

Let me know what you think.

-Catherine

c@htmlgraphic.com

This discussion has been closed.