One night deposits

edited January 2014 in Feature Requests
There should be a feature to have a minimum requirement option for single night reservations to be paid in full regardless of the time they are being made.  It is generally understood the first night is paid for when making lodging arrangements, here they get charge half a night and then have to pay the other half when they arrive and those are typically business travelers who have to expense out the charges.  Finding two transactions, that in additon don't show on the invoice only the totals, is more complicated. 

Also it would be nice to include an option for payment to allow anyone to pay the balance in full as many like to pay ahead and not have any balance due when traveling.

Thanks for the consideration

;-)

Comments

• Hi @zenyard,

I agree, this feature would be a good addition to the Checkfront UI. Be sure to keep up to date on this page:
    http://www.checkfront.com/updates

-Catherine
    c@htmlgraphic.com
  • Has this ever been reviewed again?
  • Hi Zenyard,

Thanks for reaching out again and bringing this to our attention!

I can see how it would be very helpful to be able to customize the amount charged for the deposit beyond simply a per-item basis. I have passed along a feature request to our product team for the ability to have further control over the deposits, and be able to charge the full amount for the first night.

Unfortunately, I can't advise on if or when the feature might be added. You can learn more about how we handle feature requests here: https://www.checkfront.com/how-we-handle-feature-requests

As for the ability to be able to pay the full amount or deposit, we have added this feature to the system. You can add this option by going to Manage > E-Commerce > Settings and enabling "Let customers optionally pay the full balance or the deposit."

Feel free to let us know if you would like to add further details to our feature request, or if you have any other questions.

Best regards,