Waiting list

I would like to have a waiting list in checkfront.
Customers would still be able to book a item if it is sold out , but with the warning that they are put on the waiting list.
This already has been requested:
http://www.checkfront.com/forum/discussion/282/waiting-list/p1

Comments

• Hi,

Yes this feature request is still in our records.

One possibility as a method of configuration you might want to consider is to create an item called "Waiting List".  A customer can book on the waiting list item and then have that invoice be converted to a different item if there's a free spot in your inventory.

It is also possible to set an item to by pass the ecommerce settings.  Check under advanced tab.

-Chris
    Checkfront Support Team
  • I second the request for a waiting list. This would be a very handy feature to see in an upcoming release!
  • +1

please consider my subscription to this request.

Thanks
  • Sign me up to for this request.

Hello ChrisDSM,

You wrote above "it is also possible to set an item to by pass the ecommerce settings"

We are testing checkfront and have vacation rental properties that we control and can book online 24/7 and others that we do not and would like to use solution above "Book Now, Pay later" reservation setup.
    This apply also to tours and transportations services.
    By bypassing ecommerce setting would it be this possible to have to have items "book now basis" and others on "a reservation basis"?
    Is not, can this be customized by a programmer?

Thanks.
  • +1 for this
  • +1 from me too :)
  • + 1 here too.
  • I know that this is an older thread, but is there any update on whether a waiting list feature has been released?  If not, definitely add my name to the feature request.
  • Hello storeytowncottages,

Thanks for participating in our forums and expressing your interest in a waiting list feature. We always appreciate hearing our client's feedback on features that would make the system more valuable and efficient for them, as it is an important part of how our team prioritizes new features.

Unfortunately, this feature has not beed added to the system yet and I don't have any update to provide as to if or when it might be added. I have added you to the list of those who would like to see this feature added, so when we have an update, we will let you know.

Again, thanks for providing your feedback, and feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kaela
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Count me desperately in on this too please! 
  • Count me in on the waiting list as well. I use an offline spreadsheet to deal with it right now.
  • Hi Parawing742,

Thanks for providing your feedback.
    I have added your name to the list of interested customers so that the development team can track the number of requests for this feature to help them prioritize their efforts.

Lenka
    Checkfront Support Team

• Please add me to the list. Even if it is just a button next to the 'sold out' button that appears and allows us to collect the person's contact info, so we can then contact them if a spot opens up.
  • Hi Danny,

Thanks for your helpful feedback. I have added you to the list.

Lenka
    Checkfront Support Team
  • yes please!
  • BrittanyBrittany Checkfront
    Hi Danielle,

I have also added you to the list!

Thank you,

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team
  • This idea was first suggested over 6 years ago in January 2012! Good luck waiting folks. There's no public roadmap and no communication about future development plans.
  • Thanks for being such an involved and lively customer Parawing! For anyone else sharing these thoughts, please refer to our response to Parawing's initial comment here!
  • Please count Haliburton Forest in this as well!  This would be beneficial for sure!  I'm not sure if has been discussed, but one key thing with this feature for us would be if the first person on the list could get automatically notified by the system.