Gift Certificates (request for feedback)

JasonJason CEOCheckfront
edited April 2013 in News and Updates
Hello,

We are currently working on adding better gift certificate support in Checkfront.  Currently you can create gift certificates in the platform using vouchers, but a long standing request has been a separate are to manage certificates, rain-checks, notifications etc.

Here are some ideas in the hopper now.  Not all of these may make into a release.

- Create one-off gift certificates.
- Create a batch of gift certificates (ie, 100 gift certificates @ $50.00)
- Option to add gift certificates to your booking page, or as an up-sell to bookable items.
- Customizable e-mail notifications.
- Set start and expiry date (optional).
- Downloadable PDF.
- Passbook support.
- QR codes, and mobile support.
- Hold a balance (much like a gift-card).
- Hold an item balance (much like a punch card --  Ie, you can book item 2, 10 times).
- Gift certificate report that shows used and unused credits.

Please let us know what ones mean the most to you, and if you have any other suggestions. 

Thanks,
-Jason

Comments

• Creating one off gift certificates/rain checks would be very helpful and track-able.

We would love customizable email notifications.
  • We are selling tours and most of the options above would be helpful - here are our favorites: 

> Set start and expiry date (optional).
    > Downloadable PDF
    > Customizable e-mail notifications
    > Gift certificate report that shows used and unused credits
    > QR codes, and mobile support.
    > Create one-off gift certificates
    > Option to add gift certificates to your booking page, or as an up-sell to bookable items
  • Please add my support for a Gift Certificate option

As Robin has requested, the following would be most useful:-

> Downloadable PDF
    > Option to add gift certificates to your booking page, or as an up-sell to bookable items

• These two would be immensely helpful for us:

Purchase gift certs through booking page (assuming unique code automatically generated)
    Hold a balance (gift card)

• Im in agreement with rschmud...would be great
  • As has already been requested:
    > Downloadable PDF
    > Purchase gift certificates in different denominations.
    >Hold a balance(gift card)
  • > Set start and expiry date (optional).
    > Downloadable PDF

• Would LOVE time sensitive gift certificates/deposits  ie the ability to offer a discount on the customers next purchase (after they have finished the first course with us) that's only available for a set period of time and the ability to purchase gift certificates through the checkout process.

• Hello all, you may consider going through Checkfront's API to achieve some of these listed features. This would also allow for further customization of different components of the booking process. I'd be happy to talk with you more about options for your particular business. Feel free to shoot me an email at c@htmlgraphic.com.

-Catherine

note: I am not affiliated with Checkfront

• it would be great if checkfront could handle automatic gift certificates based on customer loyalty. say, one certificate for every 9 bookings, etc.

• Sounds like a great feature list. Has any of this been incorporated into the core software? Would appreciate an update on Checkfront Gift Card features and support. Thanks!
  • This feature is not yet released, it is still on our radar for future updates. You can follow new features and releases by going to this link: https://www.checkfront.com/updates
  • would be nice save me lots of work doing up a letter for them. less work for me the better
This discussion has been closed.