Pricing structures. Reducing prices for longer time. Eg: equipment hire (easy solution)

I've just been setting up my products for hire in my new Checkfront plugin. Its taken me hours and hours of searching and head scratching trying to figure out how to offer a discount, based on the time booked. (days, weeks and months)

Just when I was about to give up, I came across this post from rjs_s:
"I had the same conundrum and found the answer was relatively simple.  You'll want to create a "Rule" for each price level (1-3 days, 4-6 days, etc) and in that rule specify the Minimum and "Maximum days per item".  Once you have a Rule created for each price level, then create an "Event" for each price level (again 1-3 days, 4-6 days, etc) and set the parameters for "Special" type, create "New Price" (or dynamic if $10 off, $15 off, etc), recurrence "Always", and select the matching Rule that you created before - lastly set which Items this event applies to."

I had nearly set it up correctly but just couldn't seem to make it work. Anyhow, following those simple instructions above, I had my goods set up for hire in a mere matter of minutes. 

I just thought I'd share for anybody else who is puzzled about how to make it work! 

Cheers,
FC
This discussion has been closed.