can this program work for a hostel and shared rooms business??

hi all
i am running a business where we let out rooms on a short term base and also have beds in a hostel. 
what would be the best way to set it up in checkfront?
am i able to set up every house as a category and then the rooms and then the beds, or not that in detail?

Comments

• Hi Rudi,

You can setup a house category and a hostel category.  From there you can add rooms and/or beds to each category.  Now, some clients like to have set up rooms/beds and a quantity (ie: 10 rooms available, 10 beds, etc) as a general item.  Other clients will set up specific room numbers (and therefore a quantity of 1).  It's up to you. If you'd like specific rooms / inventory control at a customer booking level, then you'll have more items to set up, but you'd get more specific reports. But if you'd like to have more control when a guest arrives to set them up in whatever room is available at the time, you might be better off with a general quantity availability.

Hope that helps,

Chris
  • hi chris

thanks for your reply, but i dont have a clue what you are talking about :) sorry!!

whats the pro's and con's of setting it up in the different ways?
  • also, how do i get this booking form online and active?
  • can you set up a weekly rate? if yes, how?

• Hi

These are actually questions for support@checkfront.com to answer as they may be account specific.
This discussion has been closed.