Ability to edit booking before confirming

We have several different hotel rooms, yurts, tent cabins and trailers at our property. Frequently, a customer will book a room, but after talking to the customer, we will determine they would be more comfortable in a yurt.

The ability to edit the original booking to change the inventory type selected (as well as quantity) is very much needed.

Comments

• Definitely agree with this, we have two different holiday cottages on site, one cheaper but less well equipped than the other. Also we are contemplating offering our stabling through the system and would need the ability to switch the types of stables dependent on the horse they bring.... same theory, different type of guest!
  • JasonJason CEO Checkfront
    It's been a long time coming, but this will be included in this months release.  Expect to see it made available in the next 1 - 2 weeks.

• Jason,

Are you able to confirm the planned deployment date for the release to include the functionality described herein please?

Thank you :)
    This is currently in testing and will be made available before this months end.
  • Exciting! Any update on this? Thanks in advance! :-)
  • I'm just trying out checkfront. It's mid march and still does not seem to be a feature?
  • +1 on this, there should be a way to manually override the rate rules in the customer reservation for discretionary discounts and last minute changes.
    You can now modify booking items, parameters and pricing post-booking.  This is available under edit table while viewing a booking.

As always, feedback welcome.

• edited April 2011
    Thanks for this feature!  I'm experiencing a minor bug, where when new items are added in the edit booking screen... they are added twice.  I use google chrome in checkfront version 1.7.2a
  • Same issue with double ups.

But more important is that once I remove the double up in a Pending booking status it shows it correctly. Unfortunately once I change status to reserved the double up appears in the new notifications invoice.
    I created a ticket today. I use firefox.
This discussion has been closed.