Wordpress Widget

If I use the wordpress widget, is it able to do google eCommerce tracking and conversions or does it fail once it crosses domains?

Yes I have read the "google analytics" help, but it only works on the checkfront booking page and none of the embedded or widget implementations. 

If anyone out there has a working site using ANY of checkfronts widgets\embedded options and still able to get good conversation tracking I would love a little hope. 

Comments

• I think I have it working correctly, but it counted the booking and payment as 2 conversions when it was only one.  I see why this happened, but is there any way to prevent that?
  • Hi @doug_devore,

Thanks for using our forums!

Cross-domain tracking is supported functionality with the WP plugin. First, I would suggest checking if your 'parent page domain' setting in Manage > Integrations > Google Analytics includes 'www'.

While our in-app instructions suggest that you do not include 'www', it's actually necessary to include it if your website has 'www' I've let our Product team know that these instructions need updating.

If after this, you still find tracking to be inaccurate please send us an email at support@checkfront.com and we can take a closer look.
  • In WordPresswidgets are blocks of content that you can add to your site's sidebars, footers, and other areas. ... WordPress widgets were created to provide a simple and easy way for WordPress users to control the design and content of their site without having to code.

1. Go to Appearance > Customize in the WordPress Administration Screens and click the Widget menu in the Theme Customizer. ...
    2. Open the sidebar to which you wish to add the Text Widget.
    3. Find the Text Widget in the list of Widgets.
    4. Click and drag the Widget to the spot you wish it to appear.
  • In WordPress, widgets are blocks of content that you can add to your site's sidebars, footers, and other areas. ... WordPress widgets were created to provide a simple and easy way for WordPress users to control the design and content of their site without having to code.
    1. Go to Appearance > Customize in the WordPress Administration Screens and click the Widget menu in the Theme Customizer. ...
    1. Open the sidebar to which you wish to add the Text Widget.
    1. Find the Text Widget in the list of Widgets.
    1. Click and drag the Widget to the spot you wish it to appear.

Did this help you?