QRCode for each item in booking

Hi,

the QRCode add-on currently displays 1 QRCode on the booking (its Booking_Id).

It would be very helpful to have the option to display 1 QRCode for each item in the booking.
the QRCode should contain a weblink to the website page of the item; something like:
https://my.checkfront.com/inventory/item/wizard/?item_id=123#description

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Ryan_CheckfrontRyan_Checkfront Checkfront
    Hi Dedric, 

This is a great suggestion. Can you go into a bit more detail about how this would affect your workflow and where this would come in handy? Based on your previous threads I have a feeling that this would be related to checking specific Items in and out of bookings. I just wanted to double-check because the link you suggested would go to the description tab of the Item Editor.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Ryan 
    Technical Support Team
    Checkfront | www.checkfront.com/contact | Email: support@checkfront.com
  • edited July 15
    Hello again @Ryan

my business sends out rental equipments. (we actually mostly ship the items).
    Most of the time, 1 booking contains only 1 items.
    (although, technically, the CheckFront booking actually contains 2, as we management shipping cost with CF Items too. But that's another discussion! lol)
    Sometimes, there is more than 1 product shipped to the customer.

Due to the nature of shipping out and shipping back, items come back a few days after the rental period entered in CF.
    So it is easy to be out of sync between what CF thinks is available (based on rental periods) and what is actually available in reality (based on when products are effectively delivered on return).

It would help a lot to be able to scan a QRCode (which would be on each items), so that it would open one of the following pages:
    - as CF is today, it should open the last booking the item belongs to 
    - but ideally, if CF was allowing for individual item check-in & check-out procedure (see other thread https://www.checkfront.com/forum/discussion/2175/check-in-check-out#latest), then it should open an intermediate page that offers the following possibilities:
    • open the current/last/next booking the item belongs to, based on check-in/-out state and date
    • check-in the item for that booking, if it's not already checked-in
    • check-out the item for that booking, if it's already checked-in
    • if all items in that booking are checked-in, then check-in the booking itself
    • if all items in that booking are checked-out, then check-out the booking itself
    • display the list of all bookings containing the item
    • open the item editing page

• edited July 15
    In the meantime, an "easier" solution would be for the QRCode to contain the following link:

https://[yoursite].checkfront.com/booking/index/?date_src=start_date&date=A&item_id=XXX

where XXX would be replaced with the item_id of that item.
  • edited July 15
    Also, when creating the QRCode, it would be nice to have a few options of what we want the link to contain.

Some people might want the link to take them to the item editing page, some might prefer to go to the list of bookings contain that item, some might choose to open the current booking, or like I said above, just open an intermediate page offering all options.
  • Hello Dedric,

Thank you for the detailed feedback!

Have passed this along to our team. I think a lot of this could work well with some of the features that are already in the works.

Please let us know if you have any more suggestions or feedback.

All the best,

Chase
    Technical Support Team
    Checkfront | www.checkfront.com/contact | Email: support@checkfront.com
  • Sweet ;-)