Discover's theme Search Page Hero is not same size as the rest of the Heroes.

I'm using the theme "Discover v1.1.19" and its Hero section on the Search page is not the same overall size as the rest of the Hero on all the other pages.  The top of it is in the same position, but it is noticeable shorter.

Comments

• Hi there splinters,

Thanks for reaching out!

I have touched base with our Site Builder developers and they have confirmed that this is an intended size for the Discover home page hero image as it helps differentiate the homepage from the other pages.

I hope this provides clarity on the reason for the difference and please don't hesitate to reach out for further questions.

Warm regards,

Kalem
    Checkfront Support Team
  • You may have mistyped your response in that I had asked why the Search hero page is smaller than the rest; your response was about the Home page hero's size.  I am using an image logo for my Hero and it gets cropped on this page vs all the other pages.  I thought the whole idea of using these themes was so there was consistency among the layouts of the various types of pages.  Even if I resize my logo to work for the Search's hero, you still get that visual inconstancy when you jump to that page from any other page especially since it is the top of the page.
  • BrittanyBrittany Checkfront
    Hi splinters,

Thank you for your reply!

Our apologies for the initial misunderstanding. It appears that your 'Search' page is directed to the inventory page of Site Builder so it is intended that the hero image shorten. Other page types will retain the same height as the home page.

While consistency is important to the designing of Site Builder themes, it's also important to have somewhat of a difference especially when the end user is progressing through the booking process.

Since Site Builder is intended to be a solution for those who are not familiar with building a website or who do not tend to have an eye for web design, our developers built it to accommodate best practices based on research. I am happy to submit a feature request for the hero image to remain the same on all pages however it does depend on popularity and consideration of how many users would benefit from such a change.

Alternatively, you may be able to use custom CSS to expand the height of that hero image. You can add that code in Site Builder within Settings > Advanced > Custom Code. Please note, custom CSS is outside of our regular scope of support so maintenance and implementation are up to you.

Please let us know if you would like a feature request submitted. 

Kind regards,

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team