Creating an item with no price

Hi there, I am wondering if Checkfront allows to create an item that has no fixed price. I would need it so I can charge a handling fee of 3% of the total price of the booking. This handling fee is applied depending on the means of payment our guests use. So basically I'd like to be able to add 3% extra to certain invoices (rather than using the tax feature and having to remove it from all other invoices). So a an item without a fixed price that I can add to their invoice or a voucher code that would add 3% to the total price would work for us.
Is this in anyway possible ? Thanks for your feedback <span>:smiley:</span>

Comments

• BrittanyBrittany Checkfront
    Hi Harold,

Brittany here from Checkfront support. Thanks for using our forums!

At this time, the best way to achieve this would be quite a manual process - you would need an item called something like 'Processing Fee' that is for staff only.

This way, at your discretion you can add this 'fee' item to the booking and manually change to the 3% rate unique to the booking each time. You will have to calculate what that 3% is, however.

Here is a demo of what the end result would look like.

If you would like more information on how to set up the 'Processing Fee' item please feel free to reach us at support@checkfront.com.

Have a great day!

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Hi Brittany, thanks for the prompt feedback. So I guess I have to create a simple item, visible by staff only, and that has a price point of 0,0 currency. I'll try this. Thanks again.