Call and Display the {$BOOKING_EXTRA_DETAILS} variable in HTML?

edited February 2 in Developers
Hello,

Has anyone been able to figure out how to call and display the content of the {$BOOKING_EXTRA_DETAILS} variable in HTML?
I want to be able display the content of this location in others parts that I am customizing.

Comments

• Hi maggisam,

Thank you for using our forums!

Could you maybe clarify where you are wanting to add the '{$BOOKING_EXTRA_DETAILS}' variable? For example, is it somewhere else in the Checkfront system, or are you wanting to add the content to your own webpage?

Once we have a little more detail, we can definitely look into possible solutions.

All the best,

Chase - Checkfront Support Team

• Hello Chase,

- Within the checkfront hosted reserve page -
    I was hoping to replace the content in the Photo Tab with the content of this variable. Then rename the photo title..
    However this was causing me to many problems... So I aborted the idea.

If you have a way for me to do this, then I am all ears  :)

• Hello maggisam,

Thank you for your reply.

If I am understanding correctly, you want to substitute the content on the 'Photo' tab with the text from the 'Email Notification Details' section on the item. If so, there is no way to accomplish this.

If you would like, I can submit a feature request to have different tabs on the modal with different text data. But could I ask what your use-case is for this request? There is already a 'Details' tab where you can add the text information, but you require two different tabs with different sets of information instead of containing it all in a single tab?

Let me know if you are able to provide some more context to this request, and I will be happy to submit a feature request for you. Or feel free to email us at support@checkfront.com on the details of your requirements.

All the best
  • edited February 6
    I would like to have the my drivers profile in the details Tab and 1 more Tab where I show my Price and Terms of Service.
    If you look up the reserve page of my developers account, then you can kinda see what I am going for.
  • Hi maggisam,

Thank you for explaining!

I can put in the feature request to our development team. However, considering this is such a unique request, and that it is only needed because you are using pages/tabs for something other than their intended purpose, I do not think this is something that will be added anytime soon.

If you are interested in making large changes to the booking page, perhaps you could look into constructing your own interface and use the Checkfront API to create bookings. This may not be a small amount of work, but it will give you the freedom to completely customize the booking interface.

You can find our API documentation here:
    http://api.checkfront.com/index.html

And please let me know if you have any more questions.

All the best,
  • Perhaps later...
    Right now... I want to see where I can go with css on the hosted reserve page.