Multiple Discounts

I have multiple discounts defined with different Rulesets.
Theres one "Early-Bird"-discount that gives a fixed amount discount if the booking is more than 14 days in advance and one "Long-time-Booking" discount that gives 10% off if the booking is more than 7 days.

The both work fine for them alone.
But if I create a booking that is both: 14 days in advance and longer than 7 das only the "Early-Bird"-Discount is applied.

Is it possible to allow multiple discounts to apply?

Comments

• Hi H29LB,

Thank you for using Checkfront forums!

While you will not be able to stack a fixed amount and percentage discount in this use case, you can use a third discount which would combine two discounts of the same type (fixed amount or percentage) and if the criteria of 14 days in advance and more than one week are met this third discount would be the one that is applicable.

If this sounds suitable and you're okay with your discounts and respective rulesets should be set up like so:

1. Early Bird Discount - requires a ruleset with a forward booking window of 14 days and a maximum duration of 6 days.

2. 7 Days or More Discount - requires a ruleset with a minimum duration of 7 days and a cutoff of 14 days.

3. Early Bird + 7 Days or More Discount - Calculate a total percentage or fixed amount between the two discounts and add a ruleset with a minimum duration of 7 days and a forward booking window of 14 days.

Now, this would be less exact than your intentions so if an approximate amount for the third discount does not suit your needs please send us an email at support@checkfront.com and we'll be happy to learn more about your use case and account setup and submit a feature request.

Have a great day!

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Hi Brittany,

thank you for your reply. The mentioned (kind of) workaround came to mind mind too after posting here. So I told the client that we can only "stack" absolute or relative discounts and he has to decide. I'll see what will happen.

Nevertheless it would be nice to have stacking discounts. If I have three timely-depended discounts that can be combined I have to add 9 discounts in checkfront which gets confusing by time.
  • Hi H29LB,

Thank you for getting back to me and for the extra details.

I understand how things could get quite complex so I've added your forum post and use case to the list of requesters for an existing feature request that suggests the ability to apply multiple discounts or promo codes at the same time.

As you may know, feature requests greatly depend on popularity and consideration of how many clients would benefit from such a feature. I can't say if or when this will be implemented but since I've tagged this forum to the request we will be able to reach out if there are any changes.

You can also stay in the loop at checkfront.com/updates or feel free to email us at support@checkfront.com.

Thanks for taking the time to submit this feedback!

Have a great day,

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team