Apply pricing and rules with single Item Event

For some reason, when I create a ruleset for "minimum 2 night stay," and then create an Item Event to apply that rule to a period of time, the system does not use the price point entered for that rule.  I have to create a second rule for the same period of time, which will be applied.  Why is this?  It seems wrong that I am able to enter a price point for an Item Event where a rule is selected when that price point is not going to apply.

A better way to phrase the question... how can I create an Item Event that forces both a minimum 2 night stay, and an increased price, for the period selected, using just one Item Event not two?

Comments

• Hi Lukekenny,

I hope you're doing well today! Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Seasonal Item-Events are used to restrict a customer from booking an item or items based on the rules applied, and can apply a new price during the time the item event is active. Special Item events, on the other hand, are item events that adjust the price of an item based on if the booking meets up with the applied rules, however it doesn't restrict bookings based on those rules. 

It sounds like this is what you have set up, but there's something that may be unique to your configuration that's causing it to behave this way, or there's a step that's been missed. I would love to take a look at your account to take a look and help you get it set up correctly. Would you mind emailing your account URL, the item event, the item name, and a brief explanation of the behaviour you'd like to see to support@checkfront.com? Once I have that information I can take a look and get you an answer to help you on your way.

I look forward to hearing back from you!