have a specific item added to every booking

Good afternoon.

Is there a way to have a specific item show up on every booking and be a mandatory selection, without people having to select it from the items list?

Comments

• AngelaAngela Checkfront
    Hi NomadGearRentals,

Thanks for your question on our forums!

There is certainly a way to have a mandatory add-on be included when an item is booked, through required add-on packages.

Add-ons can be added to individual items in their Packages tab, where they can also be set to be 'Required' so that it's always added to that item when booked.

For more on how to set up packages, feel free to visit https://support.checkfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007422353-Items-Inventory-Builder-Packages.

I hope this helps!

Angela - Checkfront Support Team
  • Hi Angela,

we already do this, but i am needing an item that is automatically on each booking when a booking starts, no matter what category is being booked.

Can I talk to someone on the phone on monday to explain the situation?
  • Hello NomadGearRentals,

Thank you for the reply.

The only way to add an item to a booking when another item is booked is as a package add-on. If this item needs to be added to every booking, then it would need to be attached to every other item. Though, please note that this would add the item to the booking once for each item that is booked.

Perhaps instead you would be better off with a tax/fee instead? This would allow you to add a fixed fee to every booking, and it could be the same fee regardless of the number of items. You can create a tax/fee under Manage > E-commerce > Taxes.

If this does not help, could you perhaps email us at support@checkfront.com with the details of what you are trying to do? Then we can better recommend a solution or arrange a time to speak on the phone.

All the best,
    Chase - Checkfront Support Team