Bar Code Scanning for Each Item to Keep Track of Stock or Keep Booking on Dashboard Until Ticked Off

As my business grows it's becoming more of a problem keeping track of stock. If an item doesn't come back and we've had a busy day it can be missed. This is compounded because it's drops off the dashboard the following day. Sometimes several of the same items are returned on the same day and left at a drop zone if we're not around. If one person doesn't return it's not obvious who that person is. Occasionally we've only noticed weeks later that an item hasn't been returned. It's almost impossible to work out which client hasn't returned the item. Fortunately we've only permanently lost a couple of items in five years. We've had a few near misses though and spent a lot of time tracking missing items which mostly turn up eventually.

It would be great to have bar codes on all our equipment so we can scan everything in and out. This must surely be possible? We recently hired some garden equipment from a local store. They scanned the equipment in and out.

Comments

• BrettBrett Checkfront
    Hi @totsontour,

Thank you for reaching out on our forums!

There are a few pieces of the feature for checking in/checking out items via a barcode scanner, some of which are in the works, and some of which are still being considered. The first requirement would be having a unique sku per asset as opposed to per item (inventory pool), which is something that will be included with Resource Management. This will at least be a start for having a concept of unique assets, though at the moment there is no confirmation of if they will be scannable. The last piece of this request would be the concept of an asset only being returned to inventory when it is 'Checked in' as opposed to the current functionality of the inventory being returned at the end of the booking. With these considerations in mind, I've attached your account to the feature request for checking in/out by barcode, and will let you know if there is any further news on the request.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Brett - Checkfront Support Team
  • edited November 15
    Hi @Brett,

This sounds great! Even if there were a unique sku per asset we could perhaps set up our own bar code scanning. Though ideally if it were integrated into Checkfront that would be optimal.

Do you have an eta on when unique sku per asset will happen?

Cheers

Lucy
  • BrettBrett Checkfront
    Hi @totsontour,

I am glad to hear that this feature will help your business! I can't provide a specific ETA on the feature since it is included in the larger Resource Management overhaul. However, our team is wrapping up Phase One of Resource Management, and our Product team will begin polishing and beta testing this phase in the coming months as the development team moves onto Phase Two.

If you would like to be included in some of the early testing in the coming months, please write in to support@checkfront.com and I can request that you are added to one of the betas.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Best Regards,

Brett - Checkfront Support Team