Integration with Mypos

Hi all i am sure i have requested this previously along with a number of other people but I can't seem to find the thread.

Can you please get the integration with Mypos they already have an api so it should be fairly simple i have attached the link

https://developers.mypos.eu/en/doc/accept_payments/v1_4/

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Comments

• I support this... Please checkfront
  • BrittanyBrittany Checkfront
    Hi simoncmo,

Thanks for checking in on the status of this feature request for integration with MyPOS.

I can confirm that we do still have the feature request on file, however, it appears that our product team is still gathering information like how many clients would benefit from such an integration. Currently, there are a couple requests and typically the more popular the more likely the integration will be considered. So hopefully more requests will start coming in for it.

While we do have this on file, I would like to get some more details about why this integration would be the preferred payment gateway for your business and perhaps what it offers versus the other existing payment gateways we integrate with. Please let me know of those specifics and I'll add them to the report so that our product team can have a precise idea of what you're looking for. Feel free to submit those points here or send in a ticket to support@checkfront.com.

I appreciate your time in letting us know those details.

Talk soon,

Brittany Leno
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Hello Brittany,

I can tell you for sure. If you want to have any chance of putting any dent in the Icelandic Tour Market (btw its BIG), then there are 3 payment providers that need to be added to checkfront. Iceland is currently one of the top 10 destinations in the world.

1. Borgun.is
    2. Valitor.is
    3. Mypos.eu
    Hi maggisam,

Thanks for the quick contribution!

We do have those other two submitted as feature requests as well. Please do let me know of those respective qualities that each of those payment gateways offers that our other Iceland payment gateway integrations do not offer. 

Here are the current Iceland payment gateway integrations we have: https://www.checkfront.com/payments?country_id=IS

Really interested to hear about those benefits so that I can relay the info to the product team within each feature request.

Thank you,

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team
  • edited October 27
    So first of all here is some details about the ones you already support.

1. Braintree
    Braintree kinda works and I have been using them with some success but it is painful. They mainly target for market outside of Iceland and the way thay settle payment is too costly. Hardly anyone here in Iceland knows if them, and they are not going to sign up if they dont know who they are. I have tried to get one of my partners to sign up with them so that they can use Checkfront, he was not having it at all  :(

2. Paypal and Paypal Express

Hardly anyone (company nor clients), are using paypal to conduct business in Iceland. It is proplematic getting funds paid into business accounts from paypal. The only way to get you money is withdrawing it to your credit card and this in not popular.

3. 2Checkout
    They are almost never used my anyone in Iceland. I am for sure not going to be using them.

4. Dalpay
    Dalpay is local family company, but a very small provider on the Icelandic market. The reason I am not using them is because they have a very outdated information on there website. There is almost no info about the API that they use. Also it would not surprice me if the API that checkfront has is out of date and or not working.

Now for what you should be using.

1. Borgun.is
    Borgun has propobly the biggest online presence in Iceland. Almost always when I am paying for something online in Iceland then I am paying through a Borgun Gateway. They also have a very good API information on the website. They are a little bit expensive. But you get what you pay for. I also think that they recently put in place Token Based Protocols.

2. Valitor.is
    Valitor is the other big competitor to Borgun. But my experiance is that they do not have as good service aimed for the online market. I am not sure about the API for valitor. It is a little difficault to get that info from the websites.

3. MyPos.eu (posinn.is)
    They are the new player on the street. Many small businesses are starting to use them here (fx. tour guides, drivers and Taxi's), because we do not have to pay monthly subcriptions. We just buy the POS machines and then percentage of every sale. They have a very nice online admin dashboard and it is so easy to control everything from there.

My thoughts.

I am personally a little bit split between Borgun and MyPos. I know that Borgun will provide me with the most STABLE payment service but the ease of use and no subscriptions do attract me very much to MyPos. So if you should pick 2 then Borgun and MyPos for sure.

p.s The partner I was trying to get to sign up with Braintree is using Borgun as his provider. He is one of the bigger car rental companies in Iceland.

So the little guy (like me) would propably go with MyPos but bigger companies will propobly be using Borgun.
    Hi maggisam,

Thanks for taking the time to provide all of that detailed information.

I have submitted each point accordingly to the respective feature requests. It's interesting to know these things and I think it's important to include them within the feature requests so that everyone has the same understanding of your point of view.

I'm sorry your preferred payment gateways are not options right now and hopefully, a new integration will be added in the future but as touched on earlier, the decision made by our product team to move forward with any feature request does include how many of our clients would benefit from such an addition. Here is the link to our updates page in the event that there is a new integration you will see that change in there. However, we can also reach out if/when any progress is made as I have this forum documented within the feature requests.

Thanks again for your time and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

All the best,

Brittany Leno
    Checkfront Support Team