credit card and debit payment via paypal without paypal account

hello,
paypal supports different ways of payment - also without paypal account. 

I tried several options how to setup paypal that customers DONT NEED a paypal account. I didnt found a way. If customer wants to pay with paypal he has to setup a paypal account... 

How can i setup paypal that customers dont need an paypal account for payment (like credit card or bank debit ...)

Can somebody help me with that? 

Comments

• i also just found out that stripe also offers girocard and SEPA direct debit (which both is used a lot in EU... 

Somebody know if this is integrated in checkfront or do you have any experience with that? Cant find anything in the support docs...
  • Hello Patrick,

Thank you for using our forums!

It should be possible to configure your PayPal account to not require a PayPal login. According to PayPal's documentation here (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/payments/guest-payments/#), you should be able to allow 'Guests' (users that are not logged in) to pay with a credit card by going to your PayPal account > Profile > Selling Preferences > Website Payment Preferences > PayPal Account Optional and select 'Yes'.

In regards to Stripe, our integration will only support credit cards; debit cards will not work. Stripe is an integrated payment gateway, meaning the entire payment process takes place on the Checkfront payment page. But some of those other payment methods are only supported via redirecting to a different page. We do have a feature request to have this as an option, in order to allow support for some of these other payment methods, but I cannot say if this may be added to Checkfront, as redirect gateways are much less dependable than integrated solutions.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any more questions.

All the best,
    Chase - Checkfront Support Team
  • Hey Chase,

thanks for your answer. I think the problem is at paypal. 1 hour ago it simply worked. Now not anymore. I dont know the reason and what i have to change - the guest payment option at paypal was set already...

about the stripe... i would love to have the payment gateway inside checkfront. but its simply not working in our part of the world. I think 70-80 % of the products we offer are normally paid by SEPA debit or girocard or bank transfer ... credit card payment is not used that often. I saw that you integrated iDEAL payment at stripe. So i hope you find a way to add the other options from stripe also soon. 

• Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply.

That is very strange, with regards to PayPal. It should be a setting on their side, and I cannot imagine why it would work and then stop working. Have you contacted PayPal at about this? Perhaps they can provide some insight.

For Stripe, you are absolutely right! There was a recent update that made some changes to our Stripe integration and opens up a lot of potential for the future. While those methods that you mentioned are not supported right now, it may be much more viable to include them in the future due to this update.

All the best,
    Chase - Checkfront Support Team
  • edited November 1
    ... direct debit card and sepa transfer is the most used way to pay in europe. There is still no way to include this payment options. Stripe is already the best intergrated payment system ... Please put these new additional payment options. It would be very helpful.