Groupon voucher payment reconciliation

We are using vouchers to work with groupon.
The voucher discount is set to 100%.
We can report on which vouchers have been used.
However their is no field to include the expected payment from groupon.
As a result we cannot run a voucher report to see which payments are outstanding.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Many thanks....Iain

Comments

• Hello Iain,

Thank you for using our forums.

There is not really a way to track what bookings Groupon has paid you for. These bookings are only differentiated by the fact that a voucher has been applied to them. The only system in Checkfront that lets you track payments received from 3rd parties is the 'Commission' system. This could be used to serve your purposes.

The first thing you would need to do is create a new partner account for Group. The credentials you use do not matter; Groupon will not actually be logging into your system.

Once you have created the partner account, you can go to Inventory > edit each of your items > Pricing > Additional Options and enable 'Commission'. Set the commission about to be 100%.

Now, for each of your bookings that are paid through Groupon, you can go to the invoice page > Add Partner Attribution and select the Groupon partner. The commission owed to this partner will now be the full value of the booking before the discount code was applied. You can see the amount owing at the bottom of the invoice page (you may need to refresh the page after adding the partner attribution).

This will let you use the Commission report (Reports > Commission) to track which bookings have been paid for by Groupon. You can toggle the bookings from 'Owed' to 'Paid' by clicking in the circle next to the booking code and then clicking on the menu next to the 'Select All' button.

I hope this work for you. If you have any more questions about setting this up in your Checkfront account, could I ask that you email us at support@checkfront.com? Then we can make proper demonstrations using your account.

If this flow will not work for you at all, then I am afraid there is no other method available within Checkfront to track this information. It would need to be done manually outside of Checkfront.

All the best,
    Chase - Checkfront Support Team