Re: Transfer a deposit from one booking to another

Hi 
I have a customer who had 3 different bookings with 2 different deposit payments on each one.  He now wants to cancel 1 booking, how do I transfer the deposit from the cancelled booking to the other bookings.
Thanks in advance
Niamh

Comments

• Nlamh:  did you find out how to do this.  We have the same issue at present.
    di
  • BrittanyBrittany Checkfront
    Hi Dawtmill,

Thank you for using Checkfront Forums! I am happy to assist.

It is not currently possible to move payments between bookings. My suggestion would be to use POS transactions to refund the original payment and add a new payment.

To do this, go to the original booking > Transactions > Refund and select a POS type. This will allow you to refund the payment from the booking without actually returning any funds to the customer. You can now go to the new invoice > Add Payment and again select a POS type and make the amount equal to the amount refunded from the other booking.

I hope this helps but please feel free to reach out to support@checkfront.com if any further questions come up for this.

Have a great day!

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team
  • We have to track cash vs credit payments separately as I assume most businesses would have to do. This solution will not work.  We have the same requirement.  Does not happen a lot but when it does, it causes big problems.