Access Control Problems

I'm desperate for some way to allow my new staff to have an account in checkfront with some basic functions...like being able to find an individual booking using the app but one huge flaw in the system is that EVERY account I create always has access to the booking Index page which allows the user to download all of the booking data for the categories they can view. I am totally baffled that restricting access to this page isn't included when a user is set up...and even more baffled that there isn't more demand in the checkfront community for this functionality.

Comments

• Hello jojeffs,

Thank you for using our forums.

We do have an active feature request to restrict access to the booking index. I will attach your name to the request to show your interest, as well as a note about your specific concerns. And you cans stay current with any updates being released here:
    https://www.checkfront.com/updates

For now, please note that there is a permission to restrict 'Data Export'. So, even if your staff can view the Booking Index, they will not be able to easily download the information.

I hope this helps for now, and please let me know if you have any more questions.

All the best,
    Chase - Checkfront Support Team
  • I am worried about not meeting the new GDPR regulations in Europe because of this - I am allowing EVERY employee to export all of my booking and therefore customer data in order to allow them to check someone in at reception (i.e giving them way more privileges that they actually need to do their job!). The regulations come into effect on the 25th May this year and allowing this goes against the principles of GDPR. 
  • Hi jojeffs

Thanks for reaching out! I'd be happy to answer your question.

From an infrastructure perspective, we are ready for the implementation of the General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR) in the EU.

We are currently working with our legal team to update our Terms of Service, and we will be compliant when GDPR becomes enforceable from 25 May 2018. Once our updated Terms of Service is ready, we will notify all our customers, as well as add a notification inside the Checkfront app. The notification will prompt you to accept our updated Terms of Service, and you may print them for your records if required. 

I hope this answers your question, jojeffs. If you have any other questions about this, please let me know. I'm happy to help. 

We'll notify you of this feature request as well as soon as we have more information on this matter.

Cheers,

• edited May 2018
    Hi, when do you expect the new ToS to be available? As part of the GDPR we need to refer to the ToS of every Data Processor we use. This is easiest done by setting up a direct link.
  • Thank you!