Special Items Event Issue

Good evening,

The purpose of this post is to solve a problem that has been created when setting up a tour. More specifically, we have an excursion lasting for 3 days during the period from June to October. It is available for every singel day of the season for our customers. 

During this time we want to add some special dates with special prices. For this purpose, we set up exclusive dates and different prices within the period.

However, is that these dates, because they are closed 3 day tours, when someone wants to book in a date 3 days before that special event and the date actually includes one day of the special package, the costumer take advantage of the offer.

In short, the offer instead of being available for this specific 3 days is available for 6. Is there any optional solution for that case?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Hi there,

Thank you for using our forums.

I hope to understand correctly that you wouldn't like to combine the regular price days with the special price dates. 
    This could be accomplished in the following way:

If your item is by default unavailable, create a seasonal item event active from June to October.
    Then all the item events with a 'new pricing point' should be 'special' item events with forced dates. 

In this way, it won't be possible to combine the days of no offer and an offer applied. 

In case you needed more help with your setup, please email us at support@checkfront.com so we can take a closer look at your item setup and guide you further.

Best Regards,
    Lenka - Checkfront Support Team
  • Hi Lenka

Thanks for your answer.

Actually we setup that tour with exactly way of what you suggest.

Let me give you an example.

We have one 3 days tour seasonal item (June – October) available every single day.

In this period we have some special price in specific dates (3-6 June, 5-8 July, 2-5 August etc.)

If someone wants to book on 1 of June he takes the special price because the last day of the tour is 3 of June the begging of the special price. The same happens even when he or she wants to book on 2 of June and from the other side when he try to book at 4 of June.

The same problem we have also when we add tours that we don’t want to be available for example for Friday and Saturday when someone want to book on Thursday he or she can’t because Friday and Saturday is a part of 3 days tour.

I hope that everything is clear to you now.

Thanks for your time  

• Hi Iraklis,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Since the suggested setup doesn't allow to combine the 'seasonal rates' with the 'special forced dates rates', it is unfortunately not possible to select a check-in date before the 'forced dates offer' starts and a check-out date 'after the forced dates offer' ends. 

You could create a 'special deals' item that would share the inventory with the 'regular rates' item. In this way, your customers have the option to decide whether to book the special deals with the forced dates or whether to book their preferred dates without any discount applied.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions. I will be happy to assist.