Basic html when adding Tip on Booking Page Field

Is it possible for basic html to be supported when adding a tip to a field on the Booking Form. My customers often don't supply all the information I need or they give the wrong information. I tested the booking form on my husband to experiment the experience from the customer's perspective. He said the tip doesn't stand out. Your eyes are drawn to the bold Label and you tend to skim over the tip. I would like to change the text color to make it stand out more.

Thanks!

Comments

• This was something that I inquired about last year.  I would like some sort of option for the customer to add a tip but have not found a simple way to do that.  I am not a coder so if there is a simple/subtle option that a customer can add a tip during checkout that would be great.
  • Hi bouncer and totsontour,

Thanks for your feedback! Tipping is something that we have been planning for Checkfront as there have been quite a few feedbacks regarding how to do tipping in Checkfront. At the moment, most users that do tipping in Checkfront use fixed priced items and add them to a product grouped list to show the different tip price points you can tip for. Of course, for some businesses, this is not ideal and we understand the need for a custom type of tipping.

We currently do have a tipping feature request already and would be happy to add your requests to the list. 

If you'd like to know more about the updates we do, take a look at our page here.

Cheers,
  • Thanks but you have misunderstood my request. I'm not talking about customers tipping. I've used your wording from the Edit Form Field for clarity. Checkfront call this Tip (Short description or field instructions). I would like to be able to use HTML to make the Tip stand out more. I would like to change the text color. As the field label is bold the eyes are not drawn to the Tip. Customers seem to skim over this and move onto the next label. They can enter nothing or write the wrong thing.

I use the Tip so customers understand the relevance of the question. It's doubly important because I'm unable to make it a customer required field. This is because the field has opened under conditional logic and thus prevents me from making it a required field. Hence, I really need the Tip to stand out so they understand why I'm assuma the question and why they need to supply the information.

Hope I've explained it better this time?

Thanks

• Well I think I may have made the tipping feature request but add me to the list if I am not on it.  Totsontour, sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • No worries bouncer. Aaron do you have a solution to my problem? Thanks.
  • Hi totsontour,

Apologies for the misunderstanding there. Let me try again.

There is a way to do this through the use of CSS! You can override the class "help-block" by adding some code in the CSS Editor. Go to Manage -> Layout -> Booking Page -> CSS Editor to add the CSS code.

An example would look like this:

.help-block {color: red; }

This will turn the text red. You can add your own custom CSS as well to your own choosing. 

I hope this helps! 

Cheers,
  • Hi Aaron,

Brilliant! Thank you so much. I didn't think it had worked at first when I checked the back office booking page. Though when I checked the customer experience the tips have indeed changed to red.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Lucy