Welcome Mat Add-on

It would be super helpful if Checkfront had an add-on partner for a "welcome mat". Their is no support assistance for the custom code insert in site-builder which makes it seem a little risky to undertake

Comments

• JasonJason CEO Checkfront
    Can you point us to the app you are wanting to integrate?  Adding code snippets to Site Builder is pretty easy, and you should be able to test the setup pretty quickly.
  • I'm sorry- I didn't realize you had gotten back to us Jason. Yes, we've tried adding the code snippet provided by Mail Chimp (Sign-Up Forms --> Subscriber Pop-up) but alas, it does not work. I've also tried a 'Welcome Mat' code snippet from Sumo, and that didn't work either (actually, it caused some glitches with our reservations..). 

It would be really handy to have this feature added to Site Builder, or a direct relationship with Mailchimp to use theirs. Building our list is really important for our future marketing. 

Thank you for your attention!

Best,

Cody
  • Hi Cody,

Thanks for your question! 

While Checkfront does have functionality for custom code to work on Site Builder, I can understand that it can sometimes be complicated to input it, especially if you're getting an error.

I did test the Mail Chimp code on my own Site Builder page, and I did get it working. What I had to do was close the first <script> tag that Site Builder keeps by default, I then had to remove the last </script> tag from the mail chimp code and use the Site Builder one instead. Once I did that, I was able to make it work with the popup. In the end, my code looked something like this:

</script> /*Closing tag to close the Site Builder's un-editable open tag*/
    <script type="text/javascript" 
    src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js"
    data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true,
    isDebug: false">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"],
    function(L)
    { L.start({...}) }) /*Removed closing tag to use Site Builders un-editable closing tag*/

If you're still having difficulties with Mail Chimp integration, could you please email us at Support@checkfront.com with your error and I'll be happy to help you out. :)

I did also try to integrate the Welcome Mat add-on with Site Builder, but even though I fixed all the errors I received, I could not make it pop-up. It looks like we'll need to integrate with it on our end here to get it working. 

We're always looking for new ways to improve our services to help your company make the most out of our software! I will be happy add Welcome Mat by Sumo to our internal Feature Request list for you. Just a note this isn't a guarantee the feature will be added, but the more people who ask for it, the more likely it will be integrated!

If you want more information on how we handle feature requests, you can view our page on that Here.

Thank you for your patience! I hope you have a great day!

Jay Coughlan - Checkfront Technical Support