Abandoned Cart

Hi All, 

Just wondering if there are any plans for an abandoned cart feature. I know a lot of the other systems we've looked at have it and, from what I've seen, it has a pretty significant conversion rate.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Drew,

Thank you for using our forums.

May I ask what functionality exactly you would like to see added?

It is possible to be notified about any of your customers' abandoned bookings. To do this, you would need to create a new notification that is attached to the 'Pre-booking' status.
    • Go to Manage > Notifications > New Notification.
    • Set the 'Status' to 'Pre-booking'.
    • You may also want to set the delivery to be scheduled for 1-day after creation, otherwise, you will receive this notification for every booking.
    • Set yourself/staff as recipients.
    • Add the '{%EMBED_INVOICE}' variable to the body.
    Whenever a the booking form is completed, a 'pre-booking' is created in the system. This 'pre-booking' will convert to a full booking after payment is completed, or it will be deleted from your system after a few days. Now, if a customer makes a booking (completes the booking form) but does not complete payment, you will receive a notification one day later with the customer and booking details (in the invoice).

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there is any additional functionality you were looking for.

All the best,
  • I have pre-booking notifications enabled and am receiving those fine. That alert only occurs when the user proceeds to the 2nd step of the booking process. 

To be more clear on the feature I'm looking for, quite a few systems have an auto-generated email go to the potential customer if they entered their email address, but never moved onto the next step. For example, if I left the first page, I would get an auto-email a few hours later saying something like "we saw you didn't complete your reservation, click here to do so or give us a call for more info."

• MaxBMaxB Checkfront
    Hello Drew,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, we don't currently have this functionality. I've informed our development team of this feature, so it can possibly be implemented in the future.

I apologize for the inconvenience, as I understand how useful a feature like this would be.

All the best,

Max.
  • JasonJason CEO Checkfront
    This is something we are considering building into our notification system.  We'll let you know when we have more information.