Customer record data?

I just noticed 2, maybe 3 new data fields in the permanent customer record.  How did they get there and how do I create them on purpose? There are many things we want to retain when making new bookings for repeat clients (e.g. Company Name)

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello TurismoCaNica,

Thank you for using our forums.

Previously, the information saved on the customer's profile was dependent on which fields were filled out for that customer's first booking. However, this is no longer the case. Any regular booking form fields that you have on your booking form should show on the customer's profile. 

This will exclude item-specific fields and filtered fields. Our team is also working on making this more customizable, in case there are other fields you want to exclude from the customer's profile.

So, to add new fields now, you can go to Manage > Layout > Booking Form > Add New Field. The field will then show on your customer profiles.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

All the best,

Chase - Checkfront Support Team
  • That helps.  And you really need to add filtered fields. For example our business clients. If we (or the client on or website) check the Yes box (Is this a Business Trip?), then we are able to fill in Corporate name and Tax number.  These need to be carried forward in the Customer Record to we can manage our business clients properly.

Also I don't think it is a question of being able to Exclude data.  Keep it simple and just add a tick box that allows us to decide if we want it part of the Customer Record.

Thanks