Notice for bounced email

Hi There,

Is there way you may add a notice for bounced emails?

In many occasions when we make a reservation for a customer and click to send an email we then go to another screen, until a customer calls with a complaint that he never received an email. Unfortunately it is only then we are able to see that by going into his reservation and see a notice with bounced notification. Is there a way you can add a notice for bounced emails in the main screen? 

Regards 
Aziz

Comments

• AngelaAngela Checkfront
    Hi Aziz,

Thanks for your question!

There is currently no option for bounced email notifications on the Dashboard. However, you can filter specifically for any bounces at Reports > Activity Log > Email Bounces.

Cheers!

Angela
    Checkfront Support Team
  • I have also requested this. On several occasions the customer has booked elsewhere in the meantime as they didn't receive their booking confirmation email due to their email address being incorrect and the notification bouncing. By the time we find out its too late. Regarding your answer Angela, this is useful but would be more beneficial if provided as a scheduled report - another feature request which has been out there for a while.

Thanks

Ben
  • I miss seeing these several times a year and since it's a rather important alert, we should be able to be notified when it happens. I don't get enough to warrant a dashboard widget, but if Checkfront would just send me an email when there is a bounce that would be a useful option as well.
  • BrittanyBrittany Checkfront
    Hi Ben and Parawing!

Thank you for your contributions to this discussion.

These are some great points that I have raised to our Product team in addition to the existing feature request for email bounce notifications.

We really appreciate this feedback! You can read more about how we handle feature requests here.

Warm regards,

Brittany
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Is the current recommend method to ensure bounced emails are found and corrected to manually run that report Angela suggested on a daily basis?
  • BrettBrett Checkfront
    Hi Parawing,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, that is the best way to track bounces currently. If you are receiving enough bounced emails that it is an issue, there might be an underlying cause that could be worth investigating. Occasionally, the subject or body of the email can cause a higher bounce rate, so something as simple as modifying your wording can improve deliverability. For more information, I would recommend reading Postmark's best practices guide which can be found here: https://postmarkapp.com/guides/transactional-email-bounce-handling-best-practices

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions or would like help investigating the bounce issue, feel free to reach out to us at support@checkfront.com.

Best Regards,
    Brett
    Checkfront Support Team
  • edited May 12
    The problem is that there isn't any way to know when there is a bounced email without running a report. I don't get many bounced emails, but when I do it's usually because the customer entered their address incorrectly. Since there's no way to tell when this happens without running a report every day, I almost always miss them and either lose the booking or make the customer unhappy because they wonder why they never received a confirmation. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's a huge problem. This really should have been fixed years ago.
  • edited May 17
    The part that is shocking to me is this problem actively hurts Checkfront client's business and nothing is being done about it. I've lost several bookings over the years from the email bounce issue which cost me hundreds of dollars. Want to ensure a customer's booking has gone through to them? You're going to have to run a daily report or you'll never know about the error. The is a real world problem. Why isn't it being fixed?