Booking Widget - Post code / address search

Hi there, 
My understanding is that the current search function on the booking widget focuses purely on the Item name. It would be great if the scope of the search was enhanced to include the item location. That way the user could input a postcode or address into the search box and the results out by location, i.e. nearest available items. Similar sort of functionality as a store locator.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi Lauren,

Thanks for writing into the Checkfront forums!

This has been requested to us before, but there are a few issues in being able to set this up.
    First of all, we will have to setup/build a plugin that will allow the Search function to be split for both the Item Name and the Item Location, and we will also have to setup/build a plugin that will search the given location and find nearby items.

This isn't just allowing the Search function to look up locations, but a lot of additional functionalities.

Regardless, it is a good idea in terms of a feature request, so I have created and submitted a feature request for you.

If there are any updates or results to the feature request, we will be happy to let you know.

For more information on how Checkfront handles feature requests, please see here -> https://www.checkfront.com/how-we-handle-feature-requests

Have a great day! Cheers!
    Moon