Add Bookings on Day Off

edited May 2017 in Feature Requests
My tour company is normally closed on Sunday's however I need to add bookings to 1 Sunday and can't figure out how to do it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

Comments

• Hello Jay,

If you don't have Sunday selected as an available day in your default calendar you will need to add Sunday as an available day under Manage > Setup > Calendar.

You could then create a closure event for Sunday for before and after the one Sunday you want to make available and another closure event for Sundays after the one available Sunday.

For example, if you want to make Sunday, May 14, 2017 available, you would create a closure event starting today until May 13, 2017.  In the closure event, under "Recurrence" select "Weekly (by day of week)" and select Sunday only.  You would then create a second closure event starting May 15, 2017 doing the same thing, however, you would remove the end date.  This way Sunday is opened up for one Sunday but remains closed otherwise.

I hope this helps!
  • Hi Cindy, thanks for your reply.  I followed your steps and it didn't work,  I have my inventory items setup with Time Slots with only Mon - Sat selected (Sunday is unchecked).  When I select everyday there it works.  But this method seems difficult to manage to add bookings.  Is there any other way to accomplish this task?

Thanks, Jay
  • Hello Jay,

Thank you for your reply and additional information.

To make your timeslot items available for a specific Sunday as well you would need to setup your timeslots with Sunday checked as well.  You can not make Sundays available in your timeslots unless you check it as an available day within your timeslot as well.  You would add the closure events as described above selecting Sunday only.

Let us know if that works for you.
  • Thanks, that works, I guess I was hoping for an easier way to add special booking.
  • This might be more of a feature request, but I run into this exact same problem constantly. I restrict bookings by end users users using events, but I'd like to still be able to add new bookings as an admin on a case by case basis. Right now I create events and disable them for a minute just so I can add a new booking and then reenable the event. It's a bit annoying.
  • Aaron_CheckfrontAaron_Checkfront Checkfront
    edited May 2017
    Hey guys, 

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear your ideas and we don't take your words for granted. I have moved this discussion as a feature request to track this on our end when we do a revamp of timeslots. 

Let the ideas keep flowing and we'll be sure to add it to the feature request!

Cheers,
  • Thanks Aaron.