Multiple location support

Would love to have it. We are opening a second location, and rental items rented from one location will be allowed to be returned to the other location. It would be great if we could keep one inventory pool, and Checkfront could remember where items were returned, so that it could track inventory quantities at both locations.

From an online user perspective, we'd like them to choose their pick-up location, their drop-off location, then their items. 

Is there a good workaround for multiple locations? I can't decide if using both locations on one account or separate accounts is better. If we use the same account, I'm not sure the best way to easily see where an item booked in advance is picked up. Also, how would we track where an item was picked up and what location "owns" the item. If we use separate accounts, our staff will have to log in and out of the two different accounts, since items can be returned to either location.

Any advice?

Comments

• Hello sosfbiketours,

Thanks for making use of our forums!

There is an active feature request for support for multiple locations, though I am afraid I can not say for sure when or if it will be added to Checkfront.

One possible workaround could be to create copies of each item, one for each location. This would make it easy to tell where an item is being booked from. However, this would still require a lot of manual inventory tracking.

Hopefully, a future update will make this process simpler. You can stay current with any new updates released by going to https://www.checkfront.com/updates

And if you would like, you can email us at support@checkfront.com and we could discuss more specifically your requirements and any possible workarounds.

Best Regards,
    Chase 
    Checkfront support team
  • do the majority of users with multiple locations use a separate account for each location? 
  • Hello sosfbiketours,

Thanks for the reply!

I am afraid I can not confidently say what the norm is; it really depends on the requirements of that user.

When the two locations potentially share an inventory, such as with your case, I do not think that two accounts would be optimal. As you said, it would require staff to log in and out of different accounts, and the potential for complications seems quite high.

Best Regards,
    Chase
    Checkfront support team