Notifications for multiple items on one booking

It would be great for Checkfront to create a distinction in the notifications both email and SMS when a booking has multiple items on it. 
I am currently having to manually type out my SMS reminders to customers as Checkfront cannot identify that the booking has two different items. 

For example it would include the start time from the first booking and end time of the second booking. 

I allocate my drivers by using the statuses and it would be great to be able to assign the job to a particular driver and their details be SMS directly to the customer. Would save a lot of time!

Comments

• Hi harryha,

Thanks for reaching out!

I can definitely see how it would be valuable to be able to use notification variables to state the start date and start time on a per-item basis, rather than a per-booking basis as it currently is.

I have submitted a feature request to our product team for notification variables that use the item's start date and time rather than the bookings start date and start time. Unfortunately, I can't provide any timeline for if or when this feature could be implemented. You can learn more about how we handle feature requests here: https://www.checkfront.com/how-we-handle-feature-requests

Thanks again for reaching out with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Best regards,
  • Hi, 

Just wondering if I can push this feature request again if possible. 

Getting frustrating that there are existing features in Checkfront but they don't seem 100% completed. 

I don't see the point of being able to add multiple items on a booking form but users can only send notifications for one item. 

Thanks
  • I ran into this same problem as well. My workaround is simply to list each item as a separate booking. It's clunky, but it works.
  • I've tried to do that but it just caused issues with our customers. 
    They would call the office to make a booking and a lot make a return booking from the airport and our staff would have to ask the same details twice including payment details and the calls would be twice as long. 
  • Can I please put this request forward again  
  • We are having the same problem.  Clients are getting multiple emails with multiple requests to pay deposits.  Very poor optics for the client and frustrating especially when they end up paying deposits twice.
  • It's been almost two years. Any updates on this feature request? It's rather clunky to have to separate items out into multiple bookings because Checkfront doesn't properly support multiple dates in a single booking.