days unavailable for before and after booking

Hi, we're a charter company and in Checkfront we're trying to setup for certain days which will not be available before and after the booking dates. For example the customer made a reservation to rent a boat for 3 days between Aug 5-7, we need to mark Aug 4 and 8 unavailable for another customers so we can cleanup and check the status of the boat. Is it possible to achieve? Can I use cutoff to make it work? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Angela, thanks for the reply. I think Maintenance Time option might be what we're looking for.  So logically if Maintenance Time is enabled, and a customer booked Aug 5-7, thus Aug 4 will not be available too because Aug 5 is booked so there's no room for the Maintenance Time for Aug 4. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Lemory
  • Hi Angela, I see that the system works exactly as you describe. I would have expected different behavior from the help text shown in the item attributes screen.
    It reads:

Maintenance Time

How long it takes to get the item ready for the next customer.
    The item will be reserved for this duration after each booking.

This is actually the way I would want it to work. The rental gear comes back and will not be available for one additional day for maintenance and cleaning. The next date the gear is not available is the day it is picked up by the next customer and not one day before. Is there any way to facilitate this?

Thanks!
    Nico

• Hi Nico,

Thanks for participating in our forums!

I'd like to clarify the reason for the maintenance time being added before a booking. This is because if one customer makes a booking for February 10-15th, a different customer cannot make a booking for February 5-9th. There has to be 1 day between those two bookings.

So when the first booking is made for February 10-15th, the system adds the maintenance time on both sides of the booking, thus making February 9-16th unavailable. When another customer comes to make a booking, the can book February 5-8th, but not February 9th, as that is the maintenance time between the two bookings. Both bookings would share the 1 maintenance day of February 9th. 

I hope that this helps clarify the reason for the maintenance time on both sides of the booking.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Kindest regards,

Kaela
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Thanks for clarifying Kaela, that makes perfect sense!
  • Kaela, it worked just like you described, but not anymore... Today my inventory shows something weird:
    My items is set up with a one day maintenance time. I have 2 bookings: 7 - 9 and 11 - 13 so 6 - 14 should be booked in the inventory, which it is BUT: the 10 is booked twice, bringing my inventory down to -1
    I remember it did show the 2 maintenance days on the 10th separately, but only counted one in the inventory since they are both the same item.

Thanks!
    Nico
  • Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply!

You are correct that the maintenance time shared between two bookings does currently display as -1. The system is allowing both bookings to share the inventory, and while the calendar is displaying -1 for that day, everything is functioning properly, setting exactly one day between bookings for maintenance.

I have mentioned that the appearance of the -1 on the backend calendar can be confusing, so it is something that they will look into, however, for the meantime, everything should function as desired.

I hope that this makes sense! Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Best regards,

Kaela
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Kaela, I just did another test. If I do the exact same thing, starting with an inventory of 2 instead of 1, the one day (incorrectly) shows as 0. However this is not just a display problem with everything functioning correctly as you say. The client can not do a booking for this day while there is actually an inventory of one. This will potentially mean we loose a client :( Please have this looked at with some urgency...

Thanks!
    Nico
  • Hi Nico,

Thanks for your response!

I apologise, as I was understanding that your items had an inventory quantity of 1, as this does not cause major issues with items with an inventory of 1. I have now advised our developers of how this is affecting you and asked them to take a look at it. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Kaela
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Any news on this???
  • Hi. I can't see an answer to the last question.

Before I consider using this feature, I'd like to know if the bug is fixed, and therefore if the inventory calendar displays the correct quantity on maintenance days ?