Event endpoint

I have been looking for an endpoint within the API for a 'unique event'.  Item + start date, which when used to interrogated would return data similar to that available within Booking>Daily List for the specific item. An array of 'What Booking IDs are booked on this unique item start date?' response.

Is this available? If not do you have a recommendation which end points to query to collect and create it?

Comments

• Hi NIK,

Thank you for writing into the Checkfront forums.

Taking a look at the API 3.0 Endpoints, the best place for you to start would be the /booking/ endpoint

You can provide the /booking/ endpoint with query parameters such as ->

• start_date (string/timestamp) – The date the booking starts on (i.e. check-in).
    • end_date (string/timestamp) – The date the booking ends on (i.e. check-out).
    http://api.checkfront.com/ref/booking.html

You can also use the /item/ Endpoint ( http://api.checkfront.com/ref/item.html ) to find bookings for items directly with similar search queries.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
  • I  see the input of start date & end date in the Booking & Booking/Index endpoint, but no way to specify 'Item' restrictions in the query. The array returned does not include the 'item', but would return all bookings for a given start date. I have not found a follow up interrogation I could use to get the item from the 'Booking ID' returned, only the textual description. The 'item' endpoint you reference will return availability, but not those 'Booking ID's already booked and their status.

What I am trying to get a return of is all of the 'Booking ID's on a specific item on a specific date. For instance I request...

Item = Item Number '1234'
    Start Date = '20170101'

Return = Booking_id = ZXCV-160101, ASDF-160202.... (in among all the other data returned).

If I wanted, I could then follow up individual bookings by interrogating Booking/Index using

Booking_ID = ZXCV-160101

Return would be Status = Deposit, (in addition to the rest of the array)
  • Hi NIK,

You can filter by a specific start date on the "booking/index" endpoint by including the "start_date" parameter. We don't currently have a way to filter the bookings by a specific item. 

Mitch
    Checkfront support team
  • Hi NIk,

You can filter by specific start date on the "BookingItem" endpoint by including "startdate" and "enddate" parameter. We don't directly filter item by its booking_date.