Additional filter/option for the Search Bar Options (traveling adults)

Hi,

I am baffled. I was looking for a way to add the number of adults (number of persons staying) to the layout of the booking page on checkfront. I couldn't figure out a way of doing this. Also it seems like there is no thread existing about this missing feature.

Is there a way of adding this easily or do you plan on adding this feature soon?

I think that would be great, since it is a common filter when booking a hotel room or an apartment. You don't necessarily want to see an apartment for 6 persons if you only travel with a party of two, right?

best regards,
Simon

Comments

• Hi Simon,

Thanks for contacting Checkfront support.

The "Search" function on the booking page is not a tag based search. It is a "Keyword" search, i.e. the customer enters a "word" that is on the product title or description, and searches that.

At this time, we do not have a "tagging" option for the Checkfront booking page.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
  • Hi,

thank you for your fast reply. I know that there is the option of a keyword-based search, but that isn't the most efficient way to solve this.

Will the solution require a tag-based search or is there a way to add attributes to the search bar as well to filter the result list shown?

Attributes could be assigned to each hotel room / apartment like the maximum number of people who could stay in that room.

So do you plan on implementing some sort of feature that provides that kind of functionality?

best regards,
    Simon

• Hello Simon,

Thank you for your reply!

I have added your request as a feature request to be considered for future releases of Checkfront.  Should it become part of the Checkfront Platform it will be posted on our Recent Updates Page.  You can read more about how we handle feature requests on our Blog.  

Kind Regards,