Simpler/smaller website integration

For everyone that has their own website, and has put a lot of money into design and development, I really hope i just dont talk for myself when i wish for a simpler integration choice, just a book now button with maybe custom shape, font and colours.

Been struggling with this for a while now, and had to push my developer to start looking into the API. This is more time consuming and ups the cost. I'm no coder but it seems like such a minor feature.

Comments

• Hi madskvien,

Thanks for reaching out on the forums.

We actually do have a simpler integration choice available included with every Checkfront account.  Within your account, navigate Manage > Add-Ons > Website Integrations.  On the checked panel marked Hosted Booking Page, hover over it and click Setup.  

On that page there, you will find Checkfront's button generator.  This generator sounds quite a bit like what you're asking for here.  The colour and text can be easily customized prior to generating the button's code, and important information can be attached to the button's code as well.  These options include a Tracking ID, a date jumper, and automatically-applied discount codes.

Hope that helps.  Feel free to let us know if you have any questions about generating the button and we'll be happy to assist in any way that we can!

Cheers,

Aaron Brook
    Checkfront Support Team
  • Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes that's almost what I am looking for. Except I dont want the button to redirect to the hosted page, I would like it to stay on my own Wordpress page and open up the booking pop up window that's within the portal. (Less steps = more bookings)

The problem today is that my own page already include a lot of information about the tours and has been designed to look a specific way, including name, availability, details etc. When i integrate the Wordpress portal all this information gets displayed twice and makes it look messy and unfinished.

The Wordpress integration portal is a great choice if you want a quick setup, but doesn't allow for much customization. 
  • Hi there,

Thanks for replying and the additional comments.

It is true that the default WordPress plugin is created to be a simple "plug-and-play", and as such does not offer much customization.

There are two steps you can do now -->

1. Use the Checkfront API to set up your own custom type of integration for your website, see here --> https://api.checkfront.com

2. Use "Custom CSS" to hide the elements you do not require, such as the "Description/price" and other areas.

As you've said that you already have a lot of the information, most of the elements in the booking widget can be hidden using custom CSS.

For example, if you would like to hide the price that is shown, you can put in the following CSS under "Manage -> Layout -> Booking Page -> CSS Editor"
    .cf-price { display: none !important; }

Hopefully that works for you.

Cheers,
  • Thanks! Didn't realize the CSS was that easy. two questions for you

1. Do you have a list over the CSS "commands" ?
    2. Is it possible to adjust the size of the portal or placement of buttons with CSS? Or does it just simply hide objects and leaves the portal same sice?
  • Hi madskvien,

Thanks for replying.

We do not have a list of the CSS "commands", since they are not "commands".

You are simply using the CSS editor to override existing styling rules. Whatever you can do with CSS in usual websites, you will be able to do in Checkfront as long as you can find a valid reference, id, class etc.

If you are not familiar with CSS, or coding CSS, I would suggest finding a web designer that will be able to help.

Cheers,