Unnecessary stretching of days in Customer Calendars

Individual days (first days of bookings) are stretched, leading to loss of screen space, whenever the customer name does not fit into the first full day of the booking. This is utterly unnecessary when there are more days in the booking that the customer name could be fitted across. This should be fixed so that the first day is only stretched when there are no other days to spread the name across. At present, first days are stretched on the calendar even when there is acres of space after the name on the booking strip anyway.

At least give an option not to stretch to accommodate names.

Comments

• Hi again Josh! 

Thanks for your request. Don't you think that it might be confusing to see the customers name stretched across days that isn't not booked for in order to save space? We want to keep things as simple as possible for people to quickly get a birds eye view of their bookings in the customer calendar. Perhaps I've misunderstood your request?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Mitch
  • No I've seen what the issue is now. The stretching takes account of the space required for all items, even if their relevant category is invisible due to being collapsed.
  • Hi Josh,

Yes that is correct. The bar is the duration of how long that specific invoice for x customer will be. I do understand that it can get a bit confusing to look at it and I will create a feature request to further develop this look for a more visual appealing chart.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
  • To be honest, I'm not sure fixing that issue would necessarily make things better, as that would lead inevitably to the calendar jerking around as it readjusted its length each time you collapsed and uncollapsed a category. Maybe you could just have a "no stretching" option, which would just cut the names off, so that you had to use the tooltip.
  • Hi Josh,

I'll be happy to revise the request to create an option to only show "start dates" to make a more appealing and easy look.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,