Add Payment amount

Recently, we had a case where the staff using the system to make a booking and then using the Add Payment to pay the $200 deposit, she neglected to manually type in the $200. In the end the whole amount for the booking was charged via Stripe which was over $2000 and had to explain to an irate customer that she charged the whole amount by mistake.

I realize this has a lot to do with training and remembering to enter the amount correctly.

My question is there any thing coming down the pipe that will allow new Staff bookings to default to the same deposit amount the Customer booking is set to?

Comments

• Hi tomcat-tech!

Thanks for participating in the Checkfront forums. I haven't heard of any other requests for this yet, and I can see how it would be useful, especially for new staff who are still trying to learn the ropes. I've put in a feature request with our product team for the system to automatically enter the deposit amount when using the "Add Payment" button instead of the full amount. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. You can learn more about how we handle feature requests here: https://www.checkfront.com/how-we-handle-feature-requests

Cheers,
    Mitch
  • Ok thanks for your help. I look forward to that being implemented.