Option to skip or simplify the booking form for gift certificates

I love the addition of the gift certificates, but it's now created a headache every time I set up a new trip because I have to manually go in and update all of the item specific fields to apply to that trip. I used to have all of the custom fields in the booking form apply to all items and categories, but I don't need most of that information when purchasing gift certificates. I'd LOVE if this could be fixed. 

Comments

• Hi Stacey,

Thanks for reaching out on the forums! Can you provide more information about the type of information that you need to collect from customers when purchasing the gift certificate that isn't already included in the default behaviour of gift certificates? (For example, to and from fields.)

I might not have understood your request properly, so any additional explanation will be much appreciated. Cheers!
  • It's not information that I need to collect, it's information that I don't need to collect. All of my other items require custom fields, but I'm not currently able to have just the gift certificates use a limited set of parameters. Instead I have to set custom Item Specific Fields and apply that to everything else, individually. Unless I'm doing something wrong....
  • Hi Stacey,

Thanks for replying.

You might not be doing anything wrong, but it would help a lot if you could send this in as a request to support@checkfront.com, where we'll be able to take a look at your setup and see what the exact issue is.

I do want to thank you for writing in to the forums, but usually, for questions like this regarding setup, it is better to send it as an email for a faster response.

Cheers!