A new rule

It'd be great to have a rule as the following:

'after so many days accept bookings'
So that, we could say if booking start date is after next x number of days then do this, or don't do this. My desire is to set a minimum 3 nights stay if the booking will start after 7 days...

May be this could be even called Forward booking window 2.

As you'd know Forward booking window controls the number of days in the future from now... Forward booking window 2 would control after number of days in the future...

Comments

• Hi tarki,

Thanks for the feedback! I do have some questions about your feature request so that I can relay this information to our dev.

I need just more clarification on the feature that you wanted. You said that you'd like a rule that "after X days, accept bookings" We'll need to be more specific as to after x days of what exactly are you looking for so that we can hook this rule with a function in Checkfront.

Cheers,
  • Hi,

For example, I'll set minimum duration per item to 3 days if a booking to be made will start in 7 days or later...

thanks...
  • Hi tarki,

So to clarify, You'll set a minimum duration of the item to 3 days if a booking to be made will start 7 days or later... meaning 7 days from the current date?

Let me know if this is correct.

Cheers,
  • Yes, exactly as you describe...
  • Hi Tarki,

Thanks for the information!

I think we're just trying to clarify the context of how a rule like this would be used.

We currently have a rule labelled as the "cut-off" which allows you to set a specific number of days before a booking can be created. Would it make sense to combine the minimum duration + the cut off rule to achieve what you need?

So, for example, if you create a new rule, and you set the cut off rule to 7, and the minimum duration to 3, it means that a booking can only be created for 7 days hence from the current start date, for a minimum stay of 3 days.

I hope that makes sense to you. If I'm not being clear enough, or you would like to expand on this further, please let me know.

Best Regards!
  • Hi Tiffany,

cut-off wouldn't work... What I try to achieve is lower the minimum number of nights required when it's a last minute booking. cut-off would stop accepting bookings completely within the defined number of days...

I tried it and this is what I found out...

Kind regards,
    Tarki