Credit Card Charges

Hi,

We urgently need a way to add credit card charges as a % of total transaction amount (either deposit or balance, whichever is being paid at the time).

A simple system that doesn't rely on any validation would work for us - a dropdown or other selector at booking stage would be fine.

Also how do customers select at booking stage that they are going to pay by cheque or bank transfer?

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,
    we need also the credit payment charge. I hope this feature will come soon. We loose over 1000 euro every season for credit card charge. In Germany/Austria/Switzerland and I think also in the most parts of Europe payment by bank-transfer is the favorit way to pay.

Our solution aactually is that we dont accept payments at time of booking. We send invoice per notification with payment link {$BOOKING_PAYMENT_URL}. and also our bank details. It helps that our customer can choose how to pay. But it dosnt help with the credit card charge we have to pay.

• edited February 2017
    Thanks I think the issue was resolved in the latest update. Although I did have issue while using walmari credit card login feature. I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • Thanks I think the issue was resolved in the latest update

Did I missed the update? How you charge credit card payment? 
  • Hello Patrick,

Thanks for reaching our support team.

We currently do not have an auto Credit Card Payment Charge in Checkfront. We do have the workaround that some customer has done by adding an item Credit Card Charge. This is a staff item that you would add to the customer invoices once you know the customer is paying via Credit Card. You would open the customer invoice up, click edit, add the Credit Card Item, set price for that invoice, click update/save.

Thanks for choosing Checkfront as your booking management system. 
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks for the update Charles. I do hope auto payment features gets implemented soon in Checkfront.
  • Does anyone know if there has been a credit Card feature update yet? I am surprised that this is not standard as i would have thought most companies would be stung by the 2.5% credit card surcharge and want to try and pass on to the customer if this is there preferred payment option.
  • Our solution aactually is that we dont accept payments at time of booking. We send invoice per notification with payment link {$BOOKING_PAYMENT_URL}. and also our bank details. It helps that our customer can choose how to pay. But it dosnt help with the credit card charge we have to pay.