How to handle tips?

My use of Checkfront involves a service business where the employees are often tipped extra on top of the invoice price. When this is done in the form of a check or credit card payment and I enter the amount paid, it shows up as a credit on their invoice. Is there a better way to handle tipping in Checkfront?

Comments

• Hi parawing,

At the moment, there currently isn't a way to add a tip option that users can add any amount to their bookings. You can add as an optional item but this type of tip would have to be a fixed priced item. You can alternatively ask how much the customer would like to tip on the booking form and manually add their tip once the booking has been created. This alternative will take some manual input.

We have seen request for a tipping feature with other clients. I will let our developers know about this so that we can create this feature in the near future.

Cheers,
  • What did the developers say when you asked them about this?
  • Hi parawing742,

We have not ruled out Tipping as a feature but this is something that we are not focusing at this time. I've re-opened a discussion about tipping to see where it fits within Checkfront. At this time, our focus is on Resource Management and with this, significant improvements with the current item builder, item events, and general settings for items. These improvements will allow us to add features such as tipping much easier in the future.

As far as new workarounds towards tipping, our Square payment gateway integration has their own tipping features added to their payment processor. This can be used in Checkfront if you integrate Square as a payment gateway. For more information about Square, take a look here: https://support.checkfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004440793-Square

I appreciate your interest in this feature and I'll be happy to keep this post up with more updates regarding tipping.

Cheers,