New Mobile Apps: iOS (Released Aug13th/15) and Android(Released Oct2nd/15)

BrandonBrandon Checkfront
edited December 2015 in News and Updates
Checkfront is working diligently to provide its current and future customers with a brand new mobile experience on both iOS and Android mobile devices.

Comments

• JasonJason CEO Checkfront
    Screenshots?
  • Customer Beta Group?
  • hi b2the02,

I'm not sure if there will be a specific beta group for this, but it's certainly possible as we've done this for certain add-ons.

Please write into support@checkfront.com so we are aware of your interest.

Thanks!

• IanIan Checkfront
    Hi,

Here is a preliminary view of the new iOS app that is now in development. These screenshots will show a basic view of how the app will look on an iPad with screenshots an iPhone to follow at a later date

--The "Create A New booking" screen: http://screencast.com/t/vmz8WP4E
    --Booking Form fields: http://screencast.com/t/Jt9BUYYlW
    --List of upcoming bookings: http://screencast.com/t/YuDrivclA
    --Invoice view: http://screencast.com/t/iBxTNuPf

If you are interested in the beta testing of this app then please send an email into our support team to express your interest.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi
    Is current iOS version still works? I can not login for a while.
  • Hi Eason,
    The current iOS version should still work.
  • Please consider making addresses and phone numbers for clients clickable so that they can load in the phone or GPS apps without having to memorize and retype every time.
  • Hi there,

In testing the new app on an iPad, I've found this to be the case: contacts can be added, map view available when complete address is provided, emails can be sent directly.

Thanks for your input!

• BrandonBrandon Checkfront
    New iOS Checkfront App is officially released. You can download, or update from the App Store.
  • Brandon, the app update is good but is causing a few issues for us, the first is that it keeps logging us out each day, I don't want to have to keep signing in everyday to an app that is on my iphone! also, the ability to sort booking names via surname would be a welcome addition and also a search option as we frequently get people who have booked wrong day/time and we currently have no way to find them. Also, on the screen with people names etc it does not show what they have paid for, in our case we have different ticket classes (adult, child, family) so knowing what the label without having to delve deeper is is essential. If any of these already exist i apologise but would like to know where the features are?
  • RavennaRavenna Checkfront
    Thanks mardris! There is currently a search feature within the app, you should see it at the top of your mobile screen under the "Bookings" heading, you can search by first, last name, email, and/or booking ID.

As well, when you find the booking in question, clicking on the option to view the invoice (icon on the bottom right of the screen) will give you the specifics for what they booked when there are multiple parameters, although I can see where showing the parameters for adult/child etc. on that initial page would be a good feature and we will review this further.

As for your other comments, we are continuing to work to improve the app, this being the first stage of the release, and this type of feedback is very valuable. I will forward this to our development team for consideration moving forward.

• New app is a definite upgrade from the old app. I second martdris's comment about having to log in all the time. I'm sure its a security feature but if that could be manually disabled that would help. If you don't use the app for a while then it logs you out. Also, when viewing the entire invoice, it worked once for me but the second time I tried it and ever since then, I get an access denied message.

Lastly, love the map to see the address on a map. Feature Request would be to be able to get directions from within the app. As it is now, you can click to see the address on a map but then you have to open apple map and type in the address so an in app directions feature would be great.
  • JasonJason CEO Checkfront
    A new iOS version is currently being prepped that fixes the login issue as well as some others. It should be available in the App store soon (pending Apple approval).
  • So I updated the app through the app store and I am now able to stay logged in while on a mobile device. That is a huge help, I can now confidently use the app now without having to log in every few minutes and without getting the "access denied" screens when trying to view an invoice. Now if we can just get directions through the app that would be awesome.
  • RavennaRavenna Checkfront
    Thanks bouncer, glad to hear that's working better for you, and we'll see what we can do about the in-app directions!
  • BrandonBrandon Checkfront
    We are excited to announce the new Android experience has been released on the Google Play store.

https://www.checkfront.com/checkfronts-new-android-app-is-out
This discussion has been closed.